{"id":15278475,"date":"2022-01-22T00:46:46","date_gmt":"2022-01-22T00:46:46","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=15278475"},"modified":"2022-01-22T00:54:21","modified_gmt":"2022-01-22T00:54:21","slug":"bad-experience-with-poor-customer-support-hidden-code-and-refusal-to-refund","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/bad-experience-with-poor-customer-support-hidden-code-and-refusal-to-refund\/","title":{"rendered":"Bad experience with poor customer support, hidden code and refusal to refund"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I understand that every developer needs to earn money and I an not against paying for quality plugins.<\/p>\n<p>The problem with this company (Min Orange) are several as follows:<br \/>\n&#8211; disingenuous: instead of being helpful, they want to charge for everything<br \/>\n&#8211; free plugins in WP are all muddled up &#8211; many of them doing similar things &#8211; very confused.<br \/>\n&#8211; Obfuscated code in the premium plugins.<br \/>\n&#8211; Refusal to provide a refund (because I don&#8217;t want to hire them to do custom work)<\/p>\n<p>In other words &#8211; they just want your money.<\/p>\n<p>The main problem is when I purchased their premium plugin (approx. $100) the code was obfuscated and as a developer &#8211; how on earth are we supposed to be able to modify it or customise it (as we would like to do)?  Their reply was &#8220;you have to hire us&#8221;. Well, sorry no!<\/p>\n<p>Obfuscated code is<br \/>\n1) Dangerous as you can&#8217;t see what&#8217;s in there.<br \/>\n2) Outrageous when buying into a GPL based code base<\/p>\n<p>I asked for a refund and they refused.  Now I am going through my bank to have them return the visa payment<\/p>\n<p>Avoid this company<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-15278475","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-bad-customer-service","topic-tag-obfuscated-code"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15278475","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15278475\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":15278482,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15278475\/revisions\/15278482"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=15278475"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}