{"id":15108290,"date":"2021-11-27T07:21:08","date_gmt":"2021-11-27T07:21:08","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/pc-editor-freezes-on-long-posts\/"},"modified":"2021-11-27T12:47:42","modified_gmt":"2021-11-27T12:47:42","slug":"pc-editor-freezes-on-long-posts","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/pc-editor-freezes-on-long-posts\/","title":{"rendered":"PC editor freezes on long posts"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have written WP blog on the phone for a long time and created many long pages. Now that I try to edit them on a PC, the editor freezes or becomes extremely slow with &gt;10 seconds to move the cursor or to enter text. I recently bought a new PC with &#8220;gaming specs&#8221; but the problem persists.<\/p>\n<p>I have tried Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers. I have tried setting Chrome into &#8220;phone mode&#8221; which occasionally helps but usually to no avail. I believe the associated developer functions then load down the computer.<\/p>\n<p>I believe the phone can edit the pages because WP delivers a simpler page to the phone than to the PC. Long pages I can not edit on the PC.<\/p>\n<p>I think the editor I always use is called the &#8220;classic editor&#8221;. I use it in text mode, never visual. In the phone I don&#8217;t use the app so often, I just run the editor off the admin web page, like the PC.<\/p>\n<p><strong>How can I please edit the long pages on the PC, and not only on the phone?<\/strong><\/p>\n<p>Thanks to the developers, BTW. WP has been really fantastic during the the three years I have written blog. Everything is there, simple and quick, just to write and insert images and links (search function for links is great).<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-15108290","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15108290","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":3,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15108290\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":15108851,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15108290\/revisions\/15108851"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=15108290"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}