{"id":14655732,"date":"2021-07-13T13:24:38","date_gmt":"2021-07-13T13:24:38","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/deprecated-code-24\/"},"modified":"2021-07-13T13:24:38","modified_gmt":"2021-07-13T13:24:38","slug":"deprecated-code-24","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/deprecated-code-24\/","title":{"rendered":"Deprecated Code"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>With all the recent JS\/JQuery changes to the WP core, yoast is showing deprecated code:<\/p>\n<p>\/wp-content\/plugins\/wordpress-seo\/js\/dist\/post-edit-1650.js:1:101578): jQuery.unique is deprecated; use jQuery.uniqueSort<\/p>\n<p>Can the code be updated before core 5.9 release please? If not, it could potentially break our site. Thank you<\/p>\n<p>I was on vacation when the ticket was closed by Michale Tina, I didn&#8217;t have a chance to reply until I returned. Sorry I wasn\u2019t able to get back to you sooner. Here are the answers to questions requested:<br \/>\n1. We are using WordPress 5.7.2<br \/>\n2. Yoast 16.5. At the time I wrote this, I think Yoast 16.6.1 has just come out and we were not yet scheduled to do all our upgrades.<\/p>\n<p>3. Our multi-site meets all the plugin requirements.<\/p>\n<p>4. Not sure how you would replicate the issue, as I found it by the jquery migrate plugin made by WordPress\/automatic \u2013specifically made to find deprecations so they can be fixed before core 5.9 release. Maybe install their plugin to find the issues with your plugin?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-14655732","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-deprecated-code","topic-tag-js"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14655732","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14655732\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=14655732"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}