{"id":14492417,"date":"2021-05-27T23:06:47","date_gmt":"2021-05-27T23:06:47","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/permalink-structure-changes\/"},"modified":"2021-05-27T23:17:15","modified_gmt":"2021-05-27T23:17:15","slug":"permalink-structure-changes","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/permalink-structure-changes\/","title":{"rendered":"Permalink Structure Changes"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>At the moment the default permalink structure is \/glossary\/<\/p>\n<p>In the Permalinks menu, I see the option for &#8220;WPPedia base&#8221; and I changed that to something else, to begin with, I just used glossary-test. I was assuming that this would change the URL structure to \/glossary-test\/ but it did not do anything.<\/p>\n<p>I also see the option &#8220;use initial character in URL&#8221; which is greyed out and says &#8220;PRO&#8221;. But the initial character IS used in the URL. Creating an initial glossary entry titled &#8220;Test&#8221; has the URL \/glossary\/t\/test.<\/p>\n<p>Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this setting?<\/p>\n<p>Additionally, I get a warning &#8220;Attention! Your permalink base does not match the slug of your glossary frontpage glossary&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>I can&#8217;t seem to get that to go away. <\/p>\n<p>And my front page doesn&#8217;t show anything. I set the front page in the plugin settings, assuming that this should automatically display some sort of archive or index on that specified page, but nothing happens.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-14492417","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14492417","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14492417\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":14492430,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14492417\/revisions\/14492430"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=14492417"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}