{"id":14395181,"date":"2021-05-04T01:05:51","date_gmt":"2021-05-04T01:05:51","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=14395181"},"modified":"2021-05-04T01:36:57","modified_gmt":"2021-05-04T01:36:57","slug":"file-field-on-submission-gets-500-error-response","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/file-field-on-submission-gets-500-error-response\/","title":{"rendered":"File field on submission gets 500 error response"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello, I am working on a form that a client of mine uses every year to get some information for a contest. Last year the form was working normally but this year the form seems to have an issue with the File field. When I try submitting the form I get a 500 error on the request saying that there has been a critical error on the page.<\/p>\n<p>I did check if there were updates for CF7 or WP but those are already on the newest versions (5.4.1 for CF7 and WP 5.7.1). The PHP version I have is 7.1 on the live site and 7.2 on the staging site. The problem is happening on both scenarios.<\/p>\n<p>I tried to create a different form just in case the client messed up with that one and I did just add a name field and a file field. When trying to submit that I still get the 500 error. I did another test without the file field and that just works perfectly.<\/p>\n<p>I also deactivated all the plugins and changed to a default theme to make sure our custom theme was not the problem and seems to have the same issue.<\/p>\n<p>We don&#8217;t have any hooks or anything that could be interfering with the form process. All other forms on the website work just fine.<\/p>\n<p>I really have no idea of what could be going on or what else I could look at so any suggestions are welcome. Please help me figure this out.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-14395181","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14395181","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14395181\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":14395233,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14395181\/revisions\/14395233"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=14395181"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}