{"id":14235449,"date":"2021-03-25T18:12:53","date_gmt":"2021-03-25T18:12:53","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/100-cpu-process-usage\/"},"modified":"2021-03-25T18:17:15","modified_gmt":"2021-03-25T18:17:15","slug":"100-cpu-process-usage","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/100-cpu-process-usage\/","title":{"rendered":"100% CPU &amp; process usage"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi everyone, I know this topic has been around for quite a while but I haven&#8217;t been able to resolve my issue.<\/p>\n<p>I am building 4 websites with a light-weight theme and minimum plugins. WP-cron is disabled and it&#8217;s running manually once per hour. RAM limit is 1,5GB.<\/p>\n<p>Theme: GeneratePress (extremely light-weight)<br \/>\nCDN: Optimole<br \/>\nCache: WP Fastest Cache<br \/>\nOptimization: Autoptimize<br \/>\nWordPress 5.7 on PHP 7.4<\/p>\n<p>Other plugins: Yoast, iThemes security, WP 2FA, WP Armour, Simple CSS, Shortcodes Ultimate, Popup anything on click, Contact Form 7, WP statistics<\/p>\n<p>I have tried disabling the hardest possible CPU usage culprits: iThemes and Statistics but the result was the same.<\/p>\n<p>Websites are very lightweight and with minimal coding &#8211; all 4 websites are scoring A on GTmetrix with 95+ on structure.<\/p>\n<p>Last time my websites crashed  &#8211; there were around 30 people connected at the same time and &#8220;ps aux&#8221; gave out that one of the website&#8217;s index.php is using all the resources (around 20 processes opened). I know that everything goes over index.php etc.<\/p>\n<p>When my websites are idle &#8211; Memory usage is around 800mb of RAM which is waaay too much IMO. CPU is generally OK, but spikes A LOT even after 5 users are browsing through the website.<\/p>\n<p>I tried contacting my host and they said it has to be one of the plugins, but I have not found a solution yet.<\/p>\n<p>When websites are idle, there are around 25 &#8220;lsphp&#8221; processes constantly running in the background &#8211; using out these 800MB of RAM.<\/p>\n<p>Any thought, advice or suggestion would be really helpful.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-14235449","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14235449","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14235449\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":14235461,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14235449\/revisions\/14235461"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=14235449"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}