{"id":14115580,"date":"2021-03-01T10:00:49","date_gmt":"2021-03-01T10:00:49","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/lacklustre-plugins-with-poor-documentation-and-interface\/"},"modified":"2021-03-01T10:00:49","modified_gmt":"2021-03-01T10:00:49","slug":"lacklustre-plugins-with-poor-documentation-and-interface","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/lacklustre-plugins-with-poor-documentation-and-interface\/","title":{"rendered":"Lacklustre plugins with poor documentation and interface."},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Great support, but with little recourse for a refund if you find yourself dissatisfied like I did.<\/p>\n<p>I bought their Etsy and eBay plugins. Both have extremely poor UI\/UX for premium WordPress plugins but hey, there are only a handful of places that make these integrations and I was willing to look past this.<\/p>\n<p>Having not really done 100% of my due diligence (but knowing most of what I needed from such a plugin and having bought similar plugins for eBay &#8211; not Etsy though) I went ahead got the two. Installed them (easy) and had a pretty good experience with their support and purchasing process.<\/p>\n<p>Once I used the Etsy plugin though the problems started: No Prefix\/suffixing support (such as that in WP Lister for eBay). Per-product overrides (such as those from PlatyCorp Etsy aren&#8217;t there. A shortcode-enabled description editor also isn&#8217;t present. These are fairly standard fair for the field, and with no trial (only a chance to have a product demo &#8211; which I have no time or inclination for as someone who has very little extra time outside of running my business).<\/p>\n<p>Was left with a bitter taste at this and &#8211; after emails back and forth and no resolution in terms of a refund (despite repeated asking and despite this being only 2 days into my licence) I took to their Skype support  at the advice of their agent. <\/p>\n<p>Never seen a premium plugin company using freeware like Skype for live support and it felt pretty unprofessional frankly, but there you go. I got some help with fixing some misconceptions I had about the Etsy plugin, and I got authorization to edit their code (just swap a couple of variables) so that I could at least display the short description properly at the top of my Etsy descriptions (see what I said above about no shortcode editor).<\/p>\n<p>The eBay plugin was another story. A complete mess and a marketplace as complicated as eBay needs a solid plugin to work with. Take my advice: Don&#8217;t buy either of these plugins but particularly don&#8217;t buy the eBay one &#8211; WP Lister is much better and worth the extra cash.<\/p>\n<p>And finally: Don&#8217;t buy from these cowboys anyway. They have no real refund policy, their support &#8211; whilst attentive &#8211; is straight out of 2009, just like their plugin interfaces. I dropped $300 on this lot so that you don&#8217;t have to.<\/p>\n<p>Anticipate a response along the lines of &#8220;you didn&#8217;t ask\/query about what features you wanted from these plugins&#8221; &#8211; this is true, but if you&#8217;re buy as a small business owner and expect at least a short cool-off period as offered by most other plugin providers you&#8217;ll quickly realise these guys aren&#8217;t out there to make their customers happy, they&#8217;re just out for hard cash. It&#8217;s not the way to do sustainable business, so hopefully you think twice before taking a gamble.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-14115580","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14115580","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/14115580\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=14115580"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}