{"id":13475450,"date":"2020-09-30T16:57:40","date_gmt":"2020-09-30T16:57:40","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multi-db-plugin-replacement\/"},"modified":"2020-09-30T16:57:40","modified_gmt":"2020-09-30T16:57:40","slug":"multi-db-plugin-replacement","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multi-db-plugin-replacement\/","title":{"rendered":"Multi DB Plugin Replacement"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>I am currently using Multi DB plugin from WPMUDEV which is no longer supported.<\/p>\n<p>After updating WP to latest version it required updating MySQL and PHP, which resulted in tons of errors from the Multi DB plugin &#8211; so I am looking for a replacement.<\/p>\n<p>I have a multisite\/multinetwork installation and currently use 17 databases (1 for Global and 16 for individual blogs labelled 0-9 and a-f. The Multi DB plugin uses a MD5 hash to determine what database for each blog. It uses the first character of the MD5 hash of the blog ID as the db for that blog. For example:<\/p>\n<p>Blog ID: 832<br \/>\n832 Hash: 7250eb93b3c18cc9daa29cf58af7a004<br \/>\nFirst Character: 7<br \/>\nThe blog is in db 7.<\/p>\n<p>Does your plugin use a similar logic for distributing multisite blogs or is it configurable to do it in this manner? The more obvious question; could I use your plugin to replace my existing one and how complex would the transition be?<\/p>\n<p>Thanks,<br \/>\nPat<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-13475450","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13475450","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13475450\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=13475450"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}