{"id":1336174,"date":"2010-01-08T16:53:44","date_gmt":"2010-01-08T16:53:44","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-w3-total-cache-gzip-and-expire-headers-with-amazon-cloudfront\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T15:14:17","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T15:14:17","slug":"plugin-w3-total-cache-gzip-and-expire-headers-with-amazon-cloudfront","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-w3-total-cache-gzip-and-expire-headers-with-amazon-cloudfront\/","title":{"rendered":"[Plugin: W3 Total Cache] Gzip and Expire Headers With Amazon CloudFront"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>First of all: I&#8217;m really blown away by this plugin.  It&#8217;s like having several great plugins all in one. And so far it works great on multiple sites.<\/p>\n<p>My only problem &#8212; and it&#8217;s not so much a problem as a last detail to be refined &#8212; is that after installing and configuring W3 Total Cache I *almost* receive straight As from YSlow.. except for an E in &#8220;compress components for gzip&#8221; and and F for &#8220;Add Expires headers.&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>After a little research, it appears that this has something to do with using Amazon CloudFront for my CDN.  I don&#8217;t know how to address the &#8220;Add Expires headers&#8221; bit, but I found this guide for enabling gzip for Amazon Content:<\/p>\n<p>http:\/\/internetmarketingbyme.com\/74\/gzip-compression-using-amazon-s3-cloudfront-cdn\/<\/p>\n<p>But I&#8217;d rather have this all managed by W3 Total Cache.  <\/p>\n<p>So my question is: Are you planning on addressing the issues of gzip and entity tags with Amazon CloudFront anytime soon?  I would assume it&#8217;s already in  your road map, I&#8217;m just wondering if I should attempt the above linked process for enabling gzip on my sites or wait for an upcoming update of W3 Total Cache.<\/p>\n<p>Also, please correct me if I&#8217;ve misunderstood anything here (which is quite possible).<\/p>\n<p>Thank you again for this awesome plugin.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-1336174","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1336174","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1336174\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1336174"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}