{"id":13327559,"date":"2020-08-28T10:39:30","date_gmt":"2020-08-28T10:39:30","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/latest-version-cannot-access-wp-dashboard-while-active\/"},"modified":"2020-08-28T10:39:30","modified_gmt":"2020-08-28T10:39:30","slug":"latest-version-cannot-access-wp-dashboard-while-active","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/latest-version-cannot-access-wp-dashboard-while-active\/","title":{"rendered":"Latest Version &#8211; Cannot Access WP Dashboard while Active"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<br \/>\nI&#8217;m having a major problem with the latest update. In short, I can&#8217;t access my admin panel, or anything on the back end when W3 is activated. The front end seems OK.<\/p>\n<p>When I try to get to the admin panel, I can log in, but after that I get a message: <\/p>\n<p>&#8220;<em>There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.<\/p>\n<p>Learn more about debugging in WordPress.<\/em>&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>The email I received says:<\/p>\n<p>&#8220;<em>Howdy!<\/p>\n<p>Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.<\/p>\n<p>In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, <strong>W3 Total Cache<\/strong>.<\/em>&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>For now I have disabled W3 through FTP. I can access everything normally when I do that.<\/p>\n<p><strong>What I&#8217;ve tried:<\/strong><\/p>\n<p>&#8211; I&#8217;ve tried reinstalling W3, but the same thing happens.<\/p>\n<p>&#8211; I&#8217;ve tried to rollback to a previous version, but I can&#8217;t get that option with the Rollback plugin, but it says there&#8217;s no previous versions:<br \/>\n&#8220;<em>It appears there are no version to select. This is likely due to the plugin author not using tags for their versions and only committing new releases to the repository trunk.<\/em>&#8221;<br \/>\nThough I think this might be because I have the plugin disabled by renaming it through my FTP? If that&#8217;s the case, then I have no way to try a previous version through the Rollback plugin.<\/p>\n<p>Are there copies of older W3 versions I can download and install manually?<\/p>\n<p>&#8211; My debug.log doesn&#8217;t show anything related to W3 or Cerber. I don&#8217;t see anything that looks like it&#8217;s related to the issue. But I&#8217;m no expert &#8211; I could be missing something.<\/p>\n<p><strong>What did I do when the error happened?<\/strong> (I guess that&#8217;s your main question.)<\/p>\n<p>I received an email from my Cerber security plugin saying there were multiple lockouts recently and it gave the IP address of the last lockout. It then gave a link to &#8220;view activity for this IP Address&#8221;. I clicked it and that&#8217;s when everything fell apart. Shortly after, I got the email I mentioned above about my site experiencing a technical issue.<\/p>\n<p>For the record, I disabled Cerber and enabled W3 and the problem was still there. I tried rolling back Cerber to a previous version and enabling W3, but that didn&#8217;t help. <\/p>\n<p>The specific error from the wordpress email says it was caught here:<br \/>\nhttps:\/\/outrecording.com\/xxxxxxxxxxx\/xxxxxxx\/admin.php?page=cerber-security&#038;tab=activity&#038;filter_ip=144.76.186.38<\/p>\n<p>That&#8217;s the link I clicked right before the problem started. It just takes you to Cerber&#8217;s Activity tab of the plugin.<\/p>\n<p>Thanks for any help you can provide. I hope I didn&#8217;t write too much or confuse. Please let me know if you need any clarification or additional info.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-13327559","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13327559","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13327559\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=13327559"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}