{"id":13318935,"date":"2020-08-26T19:12:00","date_gmt":"2020-08-26T19:12:00","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/default-value-errors\/"},"modified":"2020-08-26T20:59:40","modified_gmt":"2020-08-26T20:59:40","slug":"default-value-errors","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/default-value-errors\/","title":{"rendered":"Default Value Errors"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;ve had some issues come up with a few of my forms after a recent gravity forms update, although I am not sure exactly which one&#8230; The forms that I am having issues with, have these fields:<\/p>\n<p>2 Hidden Text Fields<br \/>\n1 Drop-Down Field<br \/>\n2 Slider Fields<br \/>\n1 Email Address Field<\/p>\n<p>The way the form is configured, depending on the option the user selects from the drop-down field, (either &#8220;Percent&#8221; or &#8220;Gallons&#8221;), the corresponding number-picker field will display, and the contrasting picker will be hidden. So if the user selects &#8220;Gallons&#8221; from the drop-down field, the &#8220;Percent&#8221; number-field will be hidden, and the &#8220;Gallons&#8221; field will display. Meaning you will only ever see 1 slider field. By default, I have the &#8220;Percent&#8221; fields showing, and that seems to be working just fine. Its when a user selects &#8220;Gallons&#8221; (or the non-default option) in the drop-down field, that things start acting weird.<\/p>\n<p>If I have a default value selected for this gallons slider, every submission will be that default value, instead of what I select. So if I have the field set to 500 gallons by default, the value that gets captured will always be 500, even if I enter 250 and submit.<\/p>\n<p>On the other hand, if I do NOT have a default value selected for this gallons slider, the form submission will fail the first time around, but will work on the second try. For some reason, the first time I try to submit, the form displays an error saying that I need to enter a value in that slider field. Without changing any values, if I just go ahead and submit the form again, it seems to capture the correct value.<\/p>\n<p>Hopefully I have explained things well enough for you to understand, but let me know if I can help with anything else!<\/p>\n<p>I will attach a couple GIF&#8217;s via a WeTransfer link <a href=\"https:\/\/we.tl\/t-CKHIW77BkK\" rel=\"noopener noreferrer\" target=\"_blank\">here<\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-13318935","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13318935","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13318935\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":13318943,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13318935\/revisions\/13318943"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=13318935"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}