{"id":13167862,"date":"2020-07-25T01:10:08","date_gmt":"2020-07-25T01:10:08","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/avoid-unsplash\/"},"modified":"2020-07-25T01:10:08","modified_gmt":"2020-07-25T01:10:08","slug":"avoid-unsplash","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/avoid-unsplash\/","title":{"rendered":"avoid unsplash"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I used to use and love Unsplash but this plugin gives me pause and ultimately I have decided to no longer use Unsplash after all these years. <\/p>\n<p>First a couple months ago I received a DMCA notice for an unsplash image which I resolved and did not think too much of at the time(just a one off incident) but that combined with how this plugin works(which causes a slower image load time) and the new license Unsplash is using is enough to make me stop utilizing them. <\/p>\n<p>On the technical side I installed this plugin on a development server. Used an image and ran a few speed tests. I disabled the plugin and ran those same speed tests using the same image and the results of those tests came out faster. I do use a CDN as well so it may just be that my CDN out performs what they are using but I do not want to suffer a performance loss to use an unsplash image. <\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-13167862","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13167862","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/13167862\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=13167862"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}