{"id":12597607,"date":"2020-03-29T11:01:17","date_gmt":"2020-03-29T11:01:17","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/add-options-to-theme-customizer-in-child-theme\/"},"modified":"2020-03-31T11:51:09","modified_gmt":"2020-03-31T11:51:09","slug":"add-options-to-theme-customizer-in-child-theme","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/add-options-to-theme-customizer-in-child-theme\/","title":{"rendered":"Add options to theme-customizer in child-theme"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hey fellow developers,<\/p>\n<p>Currently I&#8217;m swapping themes. The current one is no longer maintained. The new theme I&#8217;m using comes with a nice customizer. I&#8217;m not happy with all the settings in the style.css so I made a child-theme. No real sweat. I also want to alter the single.php. No problem but.. I want to use the theme-customizer to change the single.php. So the big question: Is it possible to add new customization items to the child theme and how?<\/p>\n<p>The main theme has an option to show or hide the featured image on the post. I just need to add &#8220;feature only on first page&#8221; &#8211; otherwise the image shows up on every page of a multi-page post. Dont want that. I can do that in the code my checked if its the first page but want to make it user-friendly.<\/p>\n<p>The theme is not live a.t.m. &#8211; it only lives on a VirtualBox VM at home..<\/p>\n<p>Any documentation about how the extend the customizer from within a child-theme ?<\/p>\n<p>Regards<br \/>\nSjoerd<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-12597607","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-theme-customizer"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12597607","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":3,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12597607\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":12606095,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12597607\/revisions\/12606095"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=12597607"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}