{"id":12388606,"date":"2020-02-01T15:30:06","date_gmt":"2020-02-01T15:30:06","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problem-to-arrange-posts-in-grid-view\/"},"modified":"2020-02-01T16:01:02","modified_gmt":"2020-02-01T16:01:02","slug":"problem-to-arrange-posts-in-grid-view","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problem-to-arrange-posts-in-grid-view\/","title":{"rendered":"Problem to arrange Posts in Grid View"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>this plugin has been very useful, I think it is also a good approach with the introduction of the new grid view. Although like others I am experiencing now some issues with the latest version and probably since 2.x has been released.<br \/>\nIt didn&#8217;t have to reorder new posts and didn&#8217;t realize the impact of the update.<br \/>\nAlso I just see 20 posts of let&#8217;s say 58 posts. I could not see the buttons to re-arrange post range and no Ajax slider. Only through other posts in this support forum I learned about it and saw it now on the screenshot. I found it then in one category which has only 5 posts. In all other categories it seems to disappear on load, this is the html<\/p>\n<pre><code>&lt;p id=&quot;range-text&quot; style=&quot;display: none;&quot;&gt;\n  &lt;span class=&quot;title&quot;&gt;Post range:&lt;\/span&gt;\n  &lt;input id=&quot;range-min&quot; min=&quot;1&quot; max=&quot;-1&quot; class=&quot;input-range&quot; type=&quot;number&quot;&gt;\u2014\n&lt;input id=&quot;range-max&quot; max=&quot;0&quot; min=&quot;-1&quot; class=&quot;input-range&quot; type=&quot;number&quot;&gt;\n  &lt;span id=&quot;remove-items&quot; style=&quot;display:none&quot;&gt;\n &lt;label for=&quot;insert-order&quot;&gt;Move items to rank:\t\t\t\t\t &lt;input type=&quot;number&quot; min=&quot;1&quot; max=&quot;0&quot; name=&quot;insert-order&quot; value=&quot;&quot;&gt;&lt;\/label&gt;\n&lt;span class=&quot;error&quot;&gt;&lt;\/span&gt;\t\n&lt;span class=&quot;display-block&quot;&gt;Select single\/multiple items to move out of the current displayed range and insert towards the beginning or end of your list by selecting a suitable rank&lt;\/span&gt;\n&lt;\/span&gt;\n&lt;\/p&gt;\n\n&lt;div id=&quot;slider-range&quot; data-max=&quot;0&quot; style=&quot;display: none;&quot;&gt;&lt;\/div&gt;\n<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>This might be a bug which made other users also wonder why they can&#8217;t arrange new post anymore. <\/p>\n<p>Well in the FAQ I found<br \/>\n5.Can newly published posts be ranked first rather than last?<\/p>\n<p>I tried to add it in the Theme function file and fixed<br \/>\n<code>add-filter(&#039;reorder_post_within_categories_new_post_first&#039;, &#039;rank_new_posts&#039;, 10, 3);<\/code><\/p>\n<p>to <\/p>\n<p><code>add_filter(&#039;reorder_post_within_categories_new_post_first&#039;, &#039;rank_new_posts&#039;, 10, 3);<\/code><\/p>\n<p>but either I don&#8217;t understand what this hook does or it didn&#8217;t work. I still can&#8217;t see new released posts.<\/p>\n<p>Okay, I downgraded to v 1.8.1 and this mixed up all sorting. When I switched back to 2.4.2 it was fine again.  With some catgories of 50+ and 80+ posts it would be nerve-wrecking to have to manually sort everything again by hand.<br \/>\nI am lucky that I have backups so I can revert but for others could be upsetting.<\/p>\n<p>Somehow Reset the order! function does not seem to work on my end. And when I re-arrange the order of existing posts in grid-view it mixes up the order.<br \/>\nThe way I see it, the new version came with great new features but also with a couple of bugs and caused some issues for many users including me.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-12388606","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12388606","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12388606\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":12388630,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12388606\/revisions\/12388630"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=12388606"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}