{"id":12382541,"date":"2020-01-30T18:48:29","date_gmt":"2020-01-30T18:48:29","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/feature-request-762\/"},"modified":"2020-01-30T18:48:29","modified_gmt":"2020-01-30T18:48:29","slug":"feature-request-762","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/feature-request-762\/","title":{"rendered":"Feature Request"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi, Guys!<br \/>\nThis is a question which may be less of a feature request than a beg for a work-around, but which is attributable to NB in conjunction with Czr (haven&#8217;t used NB with any other theme, so this may well apply to others):<br \/>\nWhen using the &#8216;Nimble Builder template&#8217; override (available under &#8220;Current page options\/Page template&#8221;), I lose many of the elements of the active theme&#8217;s (ie: CZR) page template, almost all of which I can re-implement using NB raw out-of-the-box, but some which I cannot, most notably elements such as-<\/p>\n<ul>\n<li>Breadcrumbs (for the replacement of which I found a Widget)<\/li>\n<li>Post meta data (Author, Category, Written\/Modified Date, etc., for the replacement of which I did NOT find a Widget)<\/li>\n<li>Tag block (for the replacement of which I found a Widget)<\/li>\n<li>Comments block  (for the replacement of which I found a not quite suitable Widget that offered the feature along with about a dozen other features I DIDN&#8217;T need)<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<p>&#8230; which must be, as noted, replaced using third-party Widgets.<br \/>\nI am not a master of PHP, or of WP for that matter, so I can only guess that what&#8217;s happening here is that CZR&#8217;s post model is being ignored\/bypassed\/circumvented by NB. I can only guess further that NB will be ignoring all the other theme models as well, so this may apply more broadly than what I&#8217;ve addressed with my list. One thing I&#8217;ve tried is exporting a customized NB template, then importing it and using the &#8216;Combine&#8217; option with &#8216;Default theme template&#8217; selected, but that still leaves me stuck with the theme model features in areas\/configurations I really want to, but yet cannot, manipulate with NB.<br \/>\nI may be asking more of NB than what it is intended to do, but here are my best stabs at the question: 1) can we set it up so that NB has direct access to customization of theme model features\/blocks that are included only when &#8216;Default theme template&#8217; is selected under &#8216;Current page options&#8217;; or conversely 2) can we get access to those theme model features after having imported a NB file using the &#8216;Combine&#8217; option as explained above?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-12382541","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12382541","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12382541\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=12382541"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}