{"id":12273069,"date":"2019-12-27T11:38:37","date_gmt":"2019-12-27T11:38:37","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/what-a-time-saver-29\/"},"modified":"2019-12-28T15:21:32","modified_gmt":"2019-12-28T15:21:32","slug":"what-a-time-saver-29","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/what-a-time-saver-29\/","title":{"rendered":"What a time saver!"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Thank goodness we have the <strong>Trigger Browsersync<\/strong> WordPress plugin by Sami Greenbury. And, I love the way it piggy backs onto Browsersync (loose coupling).<\/p>\n<p>You will need to follow the install instructions <strong>carefully<\/strong>. And, the big prerequisite is knowing how to set up Browsersync of course. Knowing Gulp would be even better. If you aren&#8217;t comfortable wading through PHP and JavaScript, this plugin might be too intimidating. But, I highly recommend giving it a try because it will save you tons of dev time. Assuming you have a local WordPress dev env and are working on a lot of WordPress sites.<\/p>\n<p>I did find a teeny bug (typo) that can be easily fixed. If you run into it too, then change &#8220;emssage&#8221; to &#8220;message&#8221; on line 275 in the trigger-browsersync.php file. I posted about this in the support forum. <\/p>\n<p>If you have any issues at all with the set up, I suggest turning on your PHP debugging and telling the Trigger Browsersync plugin to log events via a filter. See the plugin details page.<\/p>\n<p><strong>A couple FYIs <\/strong><\/p>\n<p>1) This plugin <strong>does not<\/strong> seem to watch PHP and CSS updates. I have Gulp file that instantiates Browsersync reloads my browser on any PHP and CSS file changes. This setup runs perfectly with this plugin. I didn&#8217;t have to change a thing in my Gulp file. <\/p>\n<p>2) There <strong>has not<\/strong> been any plugin updates for 9 months at the time of this post.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-12273069","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-browsersync","topic-tag-live-editing","topic-tag-productivity"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12273069","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":2,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12273069\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":12275759,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12273069\/revisions\/12275759"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=12273069"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}