{"id":12250108,"date":"2019-12-18T11:46:07","date_gmt":"2019-12-18T11:46:07","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/again-about-utf-8-and-the-display-at\/"},"modified":"2019-12-18T11:46:07","modified_gmt":"2019-12-18T11:46:07","slug":"again-about-utf-8-and-the-display-at","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/again-about-utf-8-and-the-display-at\/","title":{"rendered":"Again about UTF-8 and the display at #"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>I read pretty much everything written here. I couldn&#8217;t find a solution to my problem.<\/p>\n<p>Some of the titles of my articles start with diacritics (\u0218\u0219, \u021a\u021b, \u00ce\u00ee).<\/p>\n<p>I put this code in the article where I want to display the index: [az-listing display = &#8220;posts&#8221; alphabet = &#8220;A\u00c1\u00c0\u00c4a\u00e1\u00e0\u00e4, \u0102\u0103, \u00c2\u00e2, Bb, C\u00c7c\u00e7, Dd, E\u00c9\u00c8\u00cb\u00cae\u00e9\u00e8\u00eb\u00ea, Ff, Gg, Hh, I\u00cd\u00cc\u00cfi\u00ed\u00ec\u00ef, \u00ce\u00ee, Jj , KK, LL, MM, NN, oooooooooo, PP, QQ, RR, Ss, \u0218\u0219, TT, \u021a\u021b, U\u00da\u00d9\u00dc\u00dbu\u00fa\u00f9\u00fc\u00fb, Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy, Zz &#8220;]<\/p>\n<p>At the top where the alphabet is displayed the diacritics (\u0218\u0219, \u021a\u021b, \u00ce\u00ee) appear, but below where the links are displayed the articles starting with diacritics are displayed at #.<\/p>\n<p>I mention that I checked and mbstring is active.<\/p>\n<p>Isn&#8217;t there a solution to introduce some filter in function.php so as to force articles starting with diacritics (\u0218\u0219, \u021a\u021b, \u00ce\u00ee) to be displayed in (Ss, Tt, Ii)?<\/p>\n<p>PS: I also tried with alphabet = &#8220;A\u00c1\u00c0\u00c4\u00c2a\u00e1\u00e0\u00e4\u00e2, Bb, Cc, Dd, E\u00c9\u00c8\u00cb\u00cae\u00e9\u00e8\u00eb\u00ea, Ff, Gg, Hh, I\u00cd\u00cc\u00cf\u00cei\u00ed\u00ec\u00ef\u00ee, Jj, Kk, Ll, Mm, Nn, O\u00d3\u00d2\u00d6\u00d4o\u00f3\u00f2\u00f6\u00f4, Pp, Qq, Tr, S, T r , Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy, Zz &#8220;the result is the same, indexing articles with diacritics at #<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-12250108","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-web"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12250108","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12250108\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=12250108"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}