{"id":12217666,"date":"2019-12-08T23:26:28","date_gmt":"2019-12-08T23:26:28","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multiple-mamp-copies-causing-issues\/"},"modified":"2019-12-09T12:30:25","modified_gmt":"2019-12-09T12:30:25","slug":"multiple-mamp-copies-causing-issues","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multiple-mamp-copies-causing-issues\/","title":{"rendered":"Multiple MAMP copies causing issues?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi.<br \/>\nI&#8217;ve recently upgraded to MAMP 5.2 and done a new install of WordPress, however I&#8217;ve got 2 other copies of MAMP installed on the same machine. This is causing issues with pointing the database and i get the &#8220;Error establishing a database connection&#8221;.<br \/>\nI assume its because I have multiple copies of MAMP. <\/p>\n<p>So, can I uninstall these versions of MAMP without risking the databases?<br \/>\nThey all seem to have updated anyway and the local copies of my sites are only partial anyway, and I want to develop the sites locally anyway and use my duplicator backups. I&#8217;m happy to risk it as long as the copies of MAMP aren&#8217;t running off the same databases. <\/p>\n<p>I shall then run multiple copies of wordpress for each site off the single MAMP installation, which may thin out the process. <\/p>\n<p>I can&#8217;t post any links as this is all on my machine locally. And I&#8217;m just a boomer dabbling in tech, so no complex jargon, please.<br \/>\nThanks in advance.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-12217666","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-copies","topic-tag-mamp","topic-tag-multiple"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12217666","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12217666\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":12219232,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12217666\/revisions\/12219232"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=12217666"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}