{"id":1214405,"date":"2009-09-16T11:18:43","date_gmt":"2009-09-16T11:18:43","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/how-to-create-line-breaks-under-header\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T14:02:50","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T14:02:50","slug":"how-to-create-line-breaks-under-header","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/how-to-create-line-breaks-under-header\/","title":{"rendered":"how to create line breaks under header?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi, I am having trouble with creating some space between my header image and the blog posts and sidebar. I am using the minimalist theme.<br \/>\nhere is my site&#8230;<br \/>\nhttp:\/\/littlestgroup.co.uk\/littlestwordpress\/<\/p>\n<p>as you can see, i have managed to insert some text below my header, but this text is sitting directly on top of where the posts and sidebar begin. I am presuming that inserting a few line-breaks after the text below my header image?<\/p>\n<p>here is my header.php code&#8230;<\/p>\n<blockquote>\n<p>&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC &#8220;-\/\/W3C\/\/DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional\/\/EN&#8221; &#8220;http:\/\/www.w3.org\/TR\/xhtml1\/DTD\/xhtml1-transitional.dtd&#8221;&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;html xmlns=&#8221;http:\/\/www.w3.org\/1999\/xhtml&#8221; &lt;?php language_attributes(); ?&gt;&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;head profile=&#8221;http:\/\/gmpg.org\/xfn\/11&#8243;&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;meta http-equiv=&#8221;Content-Type&#8221; content=&#8221;&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;html_type&#8217;); ?&gt;; charset=&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;charset&#8217;); ?&gt;&#8221; \/&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;title&gt;&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;name&#8217;);<\/p>\n<p>if ( is_single() ) {<\/p>\n<p>    _e(&#8216;&raquo; Blog Archive&#8217;, &#8216;minimalism&#8217;);<\/p>\n<p>}<\/p>\n<p>wp_title(); ?&gt;&lt;\/title&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;link rel=&#8221;stylesheet&#8221; href=&#8221;&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;stylesheet_url&#8217;); ?&gt;&#8221; type=&#8221;text\/css&#8221; media=&#8221;screen&#8221; \/&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;link rel=&#8221;alternate&#8221; type=&#8221;application\/rss+xml&#8221; title=&#8221;&lt;?php printf(__(&#8216;%s RSS Feed&#8217;, &#8216;minimalism&#8217;), get_bloginfo(&#8216;name&#8217;)); ?&gt;&#8221; href=&#8221;&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;rss2_url&#8217;); ?&gt;&#8221; \/&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;link rel=&#8221;alternate&#8221; type=&#8221;application\/atom+xml&#8221; title=&#8221;&lt;?php printf(__(&#8216;%s Atom Feed&#8217;, &#8216;minimalism&#8217;), get_bloginfo(&#8216;name&#8217;)); ?&gt;&#8221; href=&#8221;&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;atom_url&#8217;); ?&gt;&#8221; \/&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;link rel=&#8221;pingback&#8221; href=&#8221;&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;pingback_url&#8217;); ?&gt;&#8221; \/&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;?php wp_head(); ?&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;\/head&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;body&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;div id=&#8221;page&#8221;&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;div id=&#8221;header&#8221; onclick=&#8221;location.href=&#8217;http:\/\/littlestgroup.co.uk\/littlestwordpress\/\/&#8217;;&#8221; style=&#8221;cursor: pointer;&#8221;&gt;<\/p>\n<p>    &lt;div id=&#8221;headerimg&#8221;&gt;<\/p>\n<p>        &lt;h1&gt;<a>\/&#8221;&gt;&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;name&#8217;); ?&gt;<\/a>&lt;\/h1&gt;<\/p>\n<p>        &lt;div class=&#8221;description&#8221;&gt;&lt;?php bloginfo(&#8216;description&#8217;); ?&gt;&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>    &lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>    &lt;div id=&#8221;headerText&#8221;&gt;&lt;center&gt;&lt;B&gt;MANAGEMENT \/ PRESS \/ TOURING&lt;\/B&gt;<\/p>\n<p>Littlest Group is an artist management, press and tour management company etc etc etc&#8230;&lt;\/center&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;hr \/&gt;<\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n<p>many thanks in advance<\/p>\n<p>nic.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-1214405","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1214405","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1214405\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1214405"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}