{"id":12128216,"date":"2019-11-13T17:04:18","date_gmt":"2019-11-13T17:04:18","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/issue-with-jquery-2\/"},"modified":"2019-11-13T17:04:18","modified_gmt":"2019-11-13T17:04:18","slug":"issue-with-jquery-2","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/issue-with-jquery-2\/","title":{"rendered":"issue with jQuery"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>There is a Problem with the use of jQuery in your Plugin and it will be effected on other plugins.  What I did find out is that the Problem is the call of jQuery in the file &#8220;source-to-core-image-block.js&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>If I activate your Plugin and edit some content with the gutenberg Editor I get the followig errormessage in the webconsole<\/p>\n<p><em>load-scripts.php?c=1&amp;load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,wp-api-request,wp-api,utils&amp;ver=5.3:8 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1<br \/>\nsource-to-core-image-block.js?ver=1:241 Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function<br \/>\n&#8230;<br \/>\n<\/em><\/p>\n<p>The reason seems that you need to say you want to use the global $() function. (I am not an expert with the use of Jquery, but I speak Javascript \ud83d\ude09 )<\/p>\n<p>So if I change the line 240 in the file from:<\/p>\n<pre><code>\/\/Force Source Control Refresh when Clicking over a CORE\/Image Block.\njQuery(document).ready(function() {<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>to:<\/p>\n<pre><code>\/\/Force Source Control Refresh when Clicking over a CORE\/Image Block.\njQuery(document).ready(function($) {<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>everything is working again. May there is a other solution. But maybe this helps to avoid this error in future releases.<\/p>\n<p>Bye.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-12128216","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12128216","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12128216\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=12128216"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}