{"id":1208722,"date":"2009-09-11T06:26:07","date_gmt":"2009-09-11T06:26:07","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/database-connection-error-7\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T13:56:38","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T13:56:38","slug":"database-connection-error-7","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/database-connection-error-7\/","title":{"rendered":"Database Connection Error"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I was cutting and pasting the Database info into either the wp-config file or the wizard that creates the wp-config file.<br \/>\nI used Dreamweaver to view and edit.<\/p>\n<p>I could not get it to connect so I finally called my host 1and1 with what appeared to be the correct DB settings.<br \/>\nThey checked the code and said there was a space in front of the pw and host name.<br \/>\nThere was no such space in Dreamweaver.<br \/>\nI used notepad++ to edit the file and whoa doggy, there were in fact spaces.<\/p>\n<p>I use the Firefox extension for cutting where you just have to highlight the text and it automatically puts it in the clipboard..<br \/>\nWhen I pasted it there was a tab space in front of the text, so I would just delete that.<br \/>\nApparently I was missing the invisible space. (is that an oxymoron?)<\/p>\n<p>After fixing said spaces, the install proceeded as expected.<\/p>\n<p>I hope this helps somebody.<\/p>\n<p>Mark<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-1208722","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-database-connection-error"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1208722","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1208722\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1208722"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}