{"id":12083309,"date":"2019-10-31T11:13:13","date_gmt":"2019-10-31T11:13:13","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/searches-containing-numbers\/"},"modified":"2019-10-31T11:13:13","modified_gmt":"2019-10-31T11:13:13","slug":"searches-containing-numbers","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/searches-containing-numbers\/","title":{"rendered":"Searches containing numbers?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Firstly, congratulations on a fab plugin, I use it religiously on most projects!<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m building a Woocommerce site for a company that sells tyres and wheels, so the majority of searches are going to contain numerical measurements &#8211; things like:<\/p>\n<p>20\u2033 x 9\u2033 alloy wheel<br \/>\n20\u2033 x 9\u2033 Wolfrace wheel<br \/>\n285\/75\/16 tyre<br \/>\n235\/85\/16 Cooper tyre<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m not sure how relevanssi is treating the numerical values in these kind of searches though, because the most relevant products do not seem to come top of the search results at the moment.<\/p>\n<p>Take this product &#8211; https:\/\/4x4tyres.chapterserver1.co.uk\/product\/23-x-9-5-hawke-halcyon-silver-et38\/ the title is &#8220;23\u2033 x 9.5\u2033 Hawke Halcyon Silver ET38&#8221; but when I search for &#8217;23\u2033 Hawke&#8217; or &#8217;23\u2033 Hawke wheel&#8217; or even &#8217;23 Hawke&#8217; the product is nowhere near the top of the search results.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve looked, but I can&#8217;t see any settings specifically relating to numercal searches so I&#8217;m not really sure if it can be improved? <\/p>\n<p>Any help gratefully received!<\/p>\n<p>Thanks<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-12083309","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12083309","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/12083309\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=12083309"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}