{"id":11828574,"date":"2019-08-13T16:15:09","date_gmt":"2019-08-13T16:15:09","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/ssh-authentication-issue\/"},"modified":"2019-08-13T16:15:09","modified_gmt":"2019-08-13T16:15:09","slug":"ssh-authentication-issue","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/ssh-authentication-issue\/","title":{"rendered":"SSH authentication Issue"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have a wpsshupdate user set up to allow SSH updating using this plugin. <\/p>\n<p>I have a copy of the RSA-4096 SSH keys accessible by the webserver group.<\/p>\n<p>I am able to ssh to localhost from the wpsshupdate user and successfully log in. <\/p>\n<p>When I attempt to use the plugin to update I get:<\/p>\n<blockquote><p>Private key incorrect for wpsshupdate<br \/>\nMake sure that the key you are using is an RSA key and not a DSA key<\/p><\/blockquote>\n<p>When I look at my auth.log I see:<\/p>\n<blockquote><p>Aug 13 16:13:27 web02 sshd[4529]: rexec line 18: Deprecated option UsePrivilegeSeparation<br \/>\nAug 13 16:13:27 web02 sshd[4529]: rexec line 25: Deprecated option KeyRegenerationInterval<br \/>\nAug 13 16:13:27 web02 sshd[4529]: rexec line 26: Deprecated option ServerKeyBits<br \/>\nAug 13 16:13:27 web02 sshd[4529]: rexec line 37: Deprecated option RSAAuthentication<br \/>\nAug 13 16:13:27 web02 sshd[4529]: rexec line 44: Deprecated option RhostsRSAAuthentication<br \/>\nAug 13 16:13:41 web02 sshd[4529]: reprocess config line 37: Deprecated option RSAAuthentication<br \/>\nAug 13 16:13:41 web02 sshd[4529]: reprocess config line 44: Deprecated option RhostsRSAAuthentication<br \/>\nAug 13 16:13:41 web02 sshd[4529]: Received disconnect from 127.0.0.1 port 54974:11:  [preauth]<br \/>\nAug 13 16:13:41 web02 sshd[4529]: Disconnected from authenticating user wpsshupdate 127.0.0.1 port 54974 [preauth]<\/p><\/blockquote>\n<p>I have hardened my ssh to accept only RSA4096 or Ed25519 keys if that might be causing the issue?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-11828574","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11828574","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11828574\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=11828574"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}