{"id":11410569,"date":"2019-04-10T00:55:21","date_gmt":"2019-04-10T00:55:21","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/phantom-users\/"},"modified":"2019-04-10T00:55:21","modified_gmt":"2019-04-10T00:55:21","slug":"phantom-users","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/phantom-users\/","title":{"rendered":"phantom users"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi there. Sometimes when a user should be deleted (and is in fact gone from the WP User Page and wp_users table), the account hangs around somehow, and the credentials still work. And the old user&#8217;s email address can&#8217;t be used to create a new account.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve dumped the database to text files and searched for the username\/email and found references in a few tables: wp_comments, wp_usermeta, and wp_cleanup_optimizer_login_log.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m not worried about comments, and deleting the wp_usermeta record makes no difference. Which narrows it down to wp_cleanup_optimizer_login_log. On a side note, it has almost 800 thousand rows, which seems excessive (but I guess I don&#8217;t really care).<\/p>\n<p>So wp_cleanup_optimizer_login_log has an obvious connection to logging in, which is where the problem is (old [deleted] users can still log in &#8212; new accounts w\/ same credentials are prevented).<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;d like to know whether I can safely delete pretty much everything in this table without breaking something, or alternatively, whether I should be looking for something more specific. And also please let me know if I&#8217;m way off track (but what else could it be at this point?).<\/p>\n<p>Thanks for your help. Talk soon.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-11410569","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11410569","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11410569\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=11410569"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}