{"id":11405161,"date":"2019-04-08T19:14:05","date_gmt":"2019-04-08T19:14:05","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multisite-default-users\/"},"modified":"2019-04-08T19:14:05","modified_gmt":"2019-04-08T19:14:05","slug":"multisite-default-users","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multisite-default-users\/","title":{"rendered":"Multisite Default Users"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>With the recent updates to WP 5.X, we&#8217;ve encountered a few more buggy scenarios. To figure this out, I&#8217;m hoping to understand how the plugin makes a few decisions.<\/p>\n<p>Right now, I have the plugin activated on a multisite install (network activated). This has worked great. However, I was using an ancient plugin to help with default accounts. Because a new users should be able to log into any of our sites and be given a specified user role. The problem was that they were being redirected to sites where they had already logged in (and away from this new site). It wouldn&#8217;t create a new user for them (with the appropriate role) on the new site.<br \/>\nThe plugin says that it will create the user with the lowest possible role, but how is that determined? If I create a new role, do you have a plugin recommendation for ensuring that it creates the account at the proper level?  Thanks.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-11405161","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11405161","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/11405161\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=11405161"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}