{"id":1115710,"date":"2009-06-20T13:07:59","date_gmt":"2009-06-20T13:07:59","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multiple-batch-category-creation\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T13:10:40","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T13:10:40","slug":"multiple-batch-category-creation","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multiple-batch-category-creation\/","title":{"rendered":"Multiple \/ Batch category creation? &#8211; import categories from csv"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi. I&#8217;ve built a new site for someone and the way it needs to be structured required it to have hundreds of categories, maybe over 1000. Basically it&#8217;s UK Counties as the top level categories, then in each County is a category for each city.<\/p>\n<p>I can add them all by hand but it may take a while. Is there an easy way, an a plugin or a hack, to add multiple categories all at once rather than one at a time, clicking &#8216;OK&#8217; after I&#8217;ve created each one?<\/p>\n<p>Something like. For exacmple camma seperated entry?&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>&#8220;Cambridge, Wisbech, Ely, March, Whittlesey, Chatteris, Linton&#8221; &gt; Select Parent Category to &#8216;Cambridgeshire&#8217;, click OK and I&#8217;ve 7 new sub-categories created for the price of one. Anything like that out there? I&#8217;ve not found anything but maybe I&#8217;ve just not looked in the right places \ud83d\ude42<\/p>\n<p>If anyones any ideas please let me know!<\/p>\n<p>Thanks a lot,<br \/>\nRich<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-1115710","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-meh_code"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1115710","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1115710\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1115710"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}