{"id":10993507,"date":"2018-12-15T20:52:42","date_gmt":"2018-12-15T20:52:42","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/using-camelcase-and-not-using-the-spaces-for-plugin-development\/"},"modified":"2018-12-17T11:16:37","modified_gmt":"2018-12-17T11:16:37","slug":"using-camelcase-and-not-using-the-spaces-for-plugin-development","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/using-camelcase-and-not-using-the-spaces-for-plugin-development\/","title":{"rendered":"Using camelCase AND NOT using the spaces for plugin development"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello everyone,<br \/>\nI was just thinking of creating a plugin for WordPress and thought of giving the docs a read. I was totally disappointed by the docs and they way they have implemented these &#8220;rules&#8221; for the sake of code readability. <\/p>\n<p>I know code readability is important by why would I write code in such manner I don&#8217;t even like? I like to use camelCase naming convention for my functions and I AVOID using underscores for my class names. I think underscores makes them look ugly lol. <\/p>\n<p>The spacing inside the parentheses is kinda annoying too but not that bad.<\/p>\n<p>My real question here is, what if I do not follow some of these standards by WordPress and try to submit my plugin here? Will it get rejected or these &#8220;rules&#8221; are just a recommendation? <\/p>\n<p>Any help would be greatly appreciated!<\/p>\n<p><em>[ <a href=\"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/guidelines\/#avoid-signatures\">Signature deleted<\/a> ]<\/em><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-10993507","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-coding-standards","topic-tag-plugin-development","topic-tag-spacing"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10993507","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10993507\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":10997457,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10993507\/revisions\/10997457"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=10993507"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}