{"id":10776653,"date":"2018-10-13T04:16:40","date_gmt":"2018-10-13T04:16:40","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/refreshing-tags-on-photo\/"},"modified":"2018-10-13T04:20:15","modified_gmt":"2018-10-13T04:20:15","slug":"refreshing-tags-on-photo","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/refreshing-tags-on-photo\/","title":{"rendered":"Refreshing tags on photo"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Is there a way to force the plugin to rescan the metadata of a given file.<\/p>\n<p>For example:<\/p>\n<p>I upload a file Photo_01.jpg to the GMedia library.<\/p>\n<p>Later, I update the photo&#8217;s tags on my desktop, and want to upload the new version.<\/p>\n<p>I use FTP to copy the new photo (with the same name) into the directory: <\/p>\n<p>\/public_html\/wp-content\/grand-media\/image <\/p>\n<p>================================== (Brief aside)-===========<br \/>\nThis seems to be the only way to put a new version of the photo on the server, since duplicate photos will be uploaded as another photo. They are not identified via &#8220;find duplicate,&#8221; so one soon ends up with multiple versions of the same image, some out of date.<\/p>\n<p>[If imported from the WP Media Library, the duplicate file is ignored, thus also preventing the new photo from being imported.]<br \/>\n======================(End brief aside) ======================<\/p>\n<p>If I upload via FTP to the above folder, the photo does not, however, acquire the new tags in the GMedia library. <\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve tried choosing:<\/p>\n<p>* Add tags &#8230; &gt; Import IPTC Keywords from selected images to Tags<\/p>\n<p>* Update metadata database<\/p>\n<p>* Recreate images (resource heavy)<\/p>\n<p>None of these result in the metadata from the newly uploaded file being updated in GMedia&#8217;s database.<\/p>\n<p>Is there a workaround or better way to accomplish this?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-10776653","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-metadata"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10776653","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10776653\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":10776654,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10776653\/revisions\/10776654"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=10776653"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}