{"id":10670102,"date":"2018-09-08T18:52:01","date_gmt":"2018-09-08T18:52:01","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/read-more-insertion-point-not-working\/"},"modified":"2018-09-08T18:52:01","modified_gmt":"2018-09-08T18:52:01","slug":"read-more-insertion-point-not-working","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/read-more-insertion-point-not-working\/","title":{"rendered":"&#8220;Read more&#8221; insertion point not working"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>So I&#8217;m working on this clients page and he&#8217;s got something like 45 post on the blog page. <a href=\"https:\/\/www.justincdaniel.com\/category\/book-reviews\/\"><\/a><\/p>\n<p>In the admin area under All Post its showing like 5 pages of post. Each of these post is a book review and rather verbose. So I&#8217;m having to go through all of these post and insert a &#8220;Read More&#8221; link a couple of paragraphs down. OK so fine I&#8217;m down to about the last 14 post and all of a sudden the &#8220;Read More&#8221; link insist on inserting at the end of the post instead of where I click ( setting the caret) in the body of the content. It has just started doing this after 30 something post. What has happened to make WP start malfunctioning? Is there a fix for this. The first time it did this it had inserted 3 of them at the end of the post (off screen) before I discovered what was happening. so after deleting all of those and trying again it does it again, and again after repeating this process 3 or 4 times it finally worked correctly. This last time I&#8217;m on about my 10th failed attempt. I&#8217;m about to abandon the problem and just advise the client that it&#8217;s an issue with WordPress. Fortunately it&#8217;s 30 something post in so maybe he will be willing to overlook it. <\/p>\n<p>I can only hope someone here can advise me of a fix for this problem. BTW I&#8217;m using the tools at the top of visual editor.  <\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-10670102","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10670102","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10670102\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=10670102"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}