{"id":10336716,"date":"2018-05-29T15:05:02","date_gmt":"2018-05-29T15:05:02","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/do-not-cache-blocks-or-esi-blocks-in-template-how\/"},"modified":"2018-05-29T15:05:02","modified_gmt":"2018-05-29T15:05:02","slug":"do-not-cache-blocks-or-esi-blocks-in-template-how","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/do-not-cache-blocks-or-esi-blocks-in-template-how\/","title":{"rendered":"Do not cache blocks or ESI blocks in template &#8211; how?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi all,<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve built an awards platform for a client in WordPress which allows users to register and vote on nominations. I use Litespeed plugin with Redis but parts of the voting functionality on the archive pages and the single nomination pages isn&#8217;t reflecting the fact that the user has placed a vote. I&#8217;ve confirmed that this is because of caching by disabling Litespeed which makes it function correctly. The issue is nothing to do with Object caching, disabling Redis only has no effect.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve been advised that I should look into &#8216;Do not cache&#8217; blocks for the relevant bits of my templates or to try ESI, however I&#8217;ve tried googling for examples and bits of code I might be able to use but can&#8217;t really find anything suitable. <\/p>\n<p>Can anyone give me a few pointers how to go about achieving this?<\/p>\n<p>Many thanks<br \/>\nKevin<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-10336716","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-esi"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10336716","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10336716\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=10336716"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}