{"id":10301618,"date":"2018-05-20T20:23:45","date_gmt":"2018-05-20T20:23:45","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/debugging-template\/"},"modified":"2018-05-20T20:23:45","modified_gmt":"2018-05-20T20:23:45","slug":"debugging-template","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/debugging-template\/","title":{"rendered":"Debugging Template"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;ve made modification to ical.php and I am not able to debug. Although the calendar is added to my google calendar, no events are posted (if I run this without the modified ical.php template, the events are posted).  Therefore, I understand that there is something wrong with the modification I&#8217;ve put into the ical.php.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve been in touch with my hosting company, and they suggested that I look 1) in the debug.log file to find the error &#8211; yet no debug.log file exists (I&#8217;m not sure an error is being generated), and 2) the printf command I&#8217;ve placed in the modified ical.php &#8211; they cannot tell me where I should be able to find that output.  Their answer is to 1) ask you why the debug.log file is not created and where the printf output is going and\/or 2) step back the level of php.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m trying to add a link to the actual event in the event description so that anyone can get back to the detailed event on the original calendar.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-10301618","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-debugging","topic-tag-printf"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10301618","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10301618\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=10301618"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}