{"id":10262402,"date":"2018-05-09T13:07:03","date_gmt":"2018-05-09T13:07:03","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=10262402"},"modified":"2018-05-09T13:10:36","modified_gmt":"2018-05-09T13:10:36","slug":"multisite-setup-15","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multisite-setup-15\/","title":{"rendered":"Multisite setup"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello!<\/p>\n<p>I will explain my scenario so you&#8217;ll better understand my questions below.<\/p>\n<p>My project&#8217;s setup consists of 5 websites serving different services built with different themes and plugins and installed as sub-domains in the multisite network as follows:<\/p>\n<p>mysite.com -&gt; main website, landing page<br \/>\nsite1.mysite.com -&gt; e-learning platform (user roles: student \/ instructor)<br \/>\nsite2.mysite.com -&gt; job portal (user roles: candidate \/ employer)<br \/>\nsite3.mysite.com -&gt; community (user roles: subscriber, author. Users will be able to post content from front-end, vote, comment, edit open lists, etc)<br \/>\nsite4.mysite.com -&gt; multi-vendor marketplace (using Dokan, user roles: buyer \/ seller)<\/p>\n<p>I will also have blog.mysite.com (don&#8217;t want to give my users the option to comment, so that&#8217;s a relative simple task to do)<\/p>\n<p>What I don&#8217;t understand from the documentation and other topics and comments of this plugin are the following things:<\/p>\n<p>1. Can I install and run Join My Multisite from a sub-domain (connected to the main website)? Eg: app.mysite.com where all the login \/ register buttons from all the websites within the network are redirected? In other words:<br \/>\nUser lands on site4.mysite.com decides to register an account. Clicks the button &#8220;register&#8221; and he is redirected to app.mysite.com where he will register a new account. After that, also from app.mysite.com he will login. After login, he will see a page with all the services that I offer so he will be able to navigate to site4.mysite.com (or any-other sub-website from the network. If the user wants to buy a font or a logo from site4.mysite.com, he will go there, if he wants to search for a job, he will go to site2.mysite.com and to learn something new he will go to site1.mysite.com).<br \/>\nWhen he will land on any of the sub-websites, he will be already logged in (since he logged in on app.mysite.com) Is this correct? <\/p>\n<p>Basically, all the accounts are created from app.mysite.com and also all the users will login from that link. <\/p>\n<p>I know that I can only assign 1 (one) role to each account so when a new user will be created he will have these roles:<\/p>\n<p>For site1.mysite.com -&gt; student<br \/>\nsite2.mysite.com -&gt; candidate<br \/>\nsite3.mysite.com -&gt; subscriber (the only role for that sub-website)<br \/>\nsite4.mysite.com -&gt; buyer<\/p>\n<p>IF the user wants to create courses and earn money from selling courses on site1.mysite.com he will send a form to admin and ask for that role. Same goes if he wants to post jobs and hire people for his project or become a seller for digital stuff like fonts, logos, etc.<\/p>\n<p>Did I get all the things correct? If not, please help me find the best setup that will work for what I need to achieve. <\/p>\n<p>I need all these services together under one roof. <\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m not a developer so it&#8217;s hard for me to use just one website with all the plugins for each of the feature that I want. <\/p>\n<p>This is a personal project if this matters. It&#8217;s not a client project and I won&#8217;t earn any profits from this project. It&#8217;s a philanthropic project designed to help people. <\/p>\n<p>Thank you!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-10262402","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10262402","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10262402\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":10262412,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10262402\/revisions\/10262412"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=10262402"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}