{"id":10159120,"date":"2018-04-08T17:09:15","date_gmt":"2018-04-08T17:09:15","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/renewals\/"},"modified":"2018-04-08T17:09:15","modified_gmt":"2018-04-08T17:09:15","slug":"renewals","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/renewals\/","title":{"rendered":"Renewals"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi there<\/p>\n<p>I have just one paid membership level set up to receive \u201crecurring payments\u201d on an annual basis which can be made either via PayPal or sent manually\u2026 however, I\u2019m really confused as to how the renewal process works and wonder if you can clarify as follows \u2013<\/p>\n<p>What I would LIKE to happen \u2013 30 days prior to expiry, user gets sent a link to a renewal invoice that they can choose to pay either by sending a cheque (ie. manually) or by PayPal.<\/p>\n<p>Is this possible and if so, what settings do I need to pay attention to?<br \/>\nShould the automated email be set to \u201cSubscription before expires\u201d OR \u201cPayment before due\u201d \u2026  and is there any difference between the two?<\/p>\n<p>When is the invoice for the next year\u2019s subscription created?  Is it 30 days prior or only on expiry (which is obviously not ideal)?<\/p>\n<p>When the email reminder is sent out, this currently sends them a link to their account page which has a link to \u201cChange\u201d their account, but ideally I\u2019d like to send them a link to a page where they could immediately click on \u201cRenew\u201d.  I\u2019ve read something about a shortcode [renewform] but it does not seem to work for me\u2026<\/p>\n<p>With many thanks in advance for any hints!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-10159120","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10159120","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/10159120\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=10159120"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}