Really solid theme.
There's good options to make a solid page but here are some issues I've seen
1) The image slider for the front page is static. Once you set it (I believe) the only way to change it is to delete the images you've chosen for it from the gallery and add things back in.
This is a drag, but considering that creating the slider is SUPER easy, it's not a big deal.
2) The menus (restaurant kind) are not too customizable. Menu Items appear to be classified as archive posts. As such, some of their access can be made a little prettier by changing the archive page rules, but that's kind of a hack.
3) I can't for the life of me figure out a way to sort the way that the Menu Items are sorted. Again, because they are just modified posts, they are following the same sorting rules.
I have been able to improve my own site by making several back end edits so I am hopeful this functionality will appear in the legit version as well
Things I've changed
- Menu Items (again for food things, not navigation) Images and Title text can be clicked on to take you to a post page for that item.
- Menu Items have their excerpt displayed instead of the content of their page.
- Menu Categories are displayable by direct link (or in the navigation menu) and display the category description. This was done by modifying the archive page rules. So it works, but not really a great idea in the long run. It shows them as a list of posts instead of a grid like in the case of the menu, so not quite as cool.
Overall, awesome! and good commenting throughout the code so I could make my mods
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.