Send newsletters post notifications or autoresponders from WordPress easily, and beautifully. Start to capture subscribers with our widget now.
I report a bug to MailPoet
- When you go to Subscribers and you have more than 100 on any of the categories (Confirmed, Subscribed , etc) you select all and a message shows up "Do you want to select the all 546 ..." . You hit yes but It doesn't really apply whatever action you choose.
MailPoet asked for access to my site to see the problem.
24h after I got an email saying that they have by mistake, manually confirmed all my unconfirmed users. After the email I check my site, and not only that but also my Unsubscribed users got manually confirmed ..
Today I started to get emails from, what were unsubscribed users a day ago, saying that they don't want to receive mails from me because they have unsubscribed from my site.
And Mail Poet says "We are sorry, but mistakes happen "
The plugin worked really well for me for a long time - at least a year - until one day the visual editor just didn't work anymore. Judging from the pages of unresolved threads in the support forums, it's not just me having issues. In order to get timely support you have to pay a minimum of $99 a year. I don't have a need for any of the other premium features so I guess I'll be moving over to MailChimp.
I've been using MailPoet for a few years now. They have a pretty good product, when there aren't functionality issues. I've tried to use their customer support multiple times and have only resolved minor issues. Don't expect any quality of support unless you're willing to shell out for the premium version.
Security breach! This plugin has a security breach so you could get hacked!
While being on holiday for two weeks, 4 GB of unknown files and .js files have been uploaded on my server space. I contacted my hosting and they ran a virus scanner, found a couple of viruses. They also informed me that the hacker could get in by putting a indexs.php on my server by using a security breach in the plugin by wysija-newsletter…. So I had to delete everything and start from scratch all over again. Very disappointing, because MailPoet has got a good and userfriendly interface! But this is all for nothing if it comes with a security breach!
My hosting did send some details about the hack…
used latest version.
I used the premium verison and used sendgrid for third party delivery. I thought given that sendgrid was supported by mailpoet, it should be easy to use. Turns out very wrong. I sent around 1500 emails. Here are the issues:
1. Mailpoet shows all sent but the details stats from sendgrid shows many were dropped. I used sendgrid pay by usage service. Even so, they only give you 1000 for first day. So when you send more than 1000, the system does not hold the rest for second day and these were all dropped.
2. very low open rate. Mailpoet shows only around 8% rate while the same list I used with other email service for many years consistently achieved over 30% open ratio
3. It's very slow to send email. Even though sendgrid said they can send large batch very fast, mailpoet only let me send 180 per 5 minutes when using sendgrid. So it takes over 40 minutes to just send to a list of around 1500 emails.
4. Even with premium paid account, the theme to choose is very limited. Not easy to adjust the design too.
5. If your hosting company is bluehost or you are on a shared server for your wordpress site, it's not that easy to set up third party mail delivery service. As you see, even I chose the one that mailpoet had integrated API built it, still have lots of issues to send.
6. Until mailpoet has it's own mail delivery service, the integration and maintenance of the integration with a third party delivery service is a big issue. Can cost lots of time and energy.
All in all, it does not do a good job and I have asked them to stop my premium service and refund me the rest of the money.
After months and months of new versions of the software not working, the latest version finally works smoothly. For most of those months there were lots of promises but never any action. But no issues there now. It works ok.
The company uses misleading advertising about the user limit for the free version of the software.
They do not allow 2000 users if you have WP users not on the mailing list. They count those against the 2000 user limit.
I wanted to import a list of users from my message board so that I could install bbpress and move the members over to that platform. Mail Poet counted the imported message board members against their limit even though they were not, and were never intended to be, on any mailing list.
I have no problem with their price for the premium version, but this kind of bait and switch marketing is dishonest.
It raises questions about their willingness and ability to cope with any other issues that arise from time to time. Will they be up front, or lie and make excuses?
I have two complete different websites, and both got hacked due to files inside of these plugin. I used a couple Security plugin to scan my files and it found a few files infected on both websites that are linked to this plugin.
Useless editor interface.
I have installed but can't edit
I have just installed it and I can't even edit or email anything. Please help
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.