Send newsletters post notifications or autoresponders from WordPress easily, and beautifully. Start to capture subscribers with our widget now.
used latest version.
I used the premium verison and used sendgrid for third party delivery. I thought given that sendgrid was supported by mailpoet, it should be easy to use. Turns out very wrong. I sent around 1500 emails. Here are the issues:
1. Mailpoet shows all sent but the details stats from sendgrid shows many were dropped. I used sendgrid pay by usage service. Even so, they only give you 1000 for first day. So when you send more than 1000, the system does not hold the rest for second day and these were all dropped.
2. very low open rate. Mailpoet shows only around 8% rate while the same list I used with other email service for many years consistently achieved over 30% open ratio
3. It's very slow to send email. Even though sendgrid said they can send large batch very fast, mailpoet only let me send 180 per 5 minutes when using sendgrid. So it takes over 40 minutes to just send to a list of around 1500 emails.
4. Even with premium paid account, the theme to choose is very limited. Not easy to adjust the design too.
5. If your hosting company is bluehost or you are on a shared server for your wordpress site, it's not that easy to set up third party mail delivery service. As you see, even I chose the one that mailpoet had integrated API built it, still have lots of issues to send.
6. Until mailpoet has it's own mail delivery service, the integration and maintenance of the integration with a third party delivery service is a big issue. Can cost lots of time and energy.
All in all, it does not do a good job and I have asked them to stop my premium service and refund me the rest of the money.
Worked perfectly for me. 1000% recommended. Would have bought the premium version but it charges $99 per year which is very costly for me. Otherwise, amazing!
We have a proprietary email service through our association we use to send our newsletters, but this plugin allows us to aggregate items--not just in the blog--to include. We copy the code into our mailing program.
This has very easy drag 'n drop, formatting and customizing ability. We are pleased with it. Colleagues have told me this is one of the best out there!
I've been using MP about 3 months, on three sites. Not only is just about everything a quick learn, it's easy enough to teach it to clients. I don't send an enormous volume of mail, which is probably the case for most of us starting lists, and it seems like all the functionality available is exactly the stuff I need—no fluff.
That you can easily pull in automated posts (and custom post types!), and send featured images is a huge, wonderful plus.
My only complaints:
Other than that… well, suffice to say MailChimp is on its way out of my workflow. MC has the advantage of being its own platform (and so platform-independent), meaning if I ever decided to leave WP, it'd be easy to keep working. But were that to happen, what's a little export/import?
J'ai découvert ce plugin : ma vie va enfin être facile et professionnelle !!
Love the possibility to automatically send out newsletters that get filled with the latest posts. Also managing the database works like a breeze and last but not least, the service of the Mailpoet-team is fast!
I duplicate a prior newsletter and quickly make changes to the message and referenced blog post. My subscribers love the picture and teaser text they receive, and the ability to link directly to the post.
We tried several other "email generators" and have settled on MailPoet. We like the feature set, all of which work as described. The only trouble we're having is getting the cron job to launch with the free version of MailPoet. Haven't tried really hard - maybe thirty minutes of effort. Still the plugin is highly recommended.
I am very happy now with the Mailpoet plugin.
Especially for me as a newsletter newbie it is very helpful to get such an easy to use system.
And when I really got stuck the great support was quickly and friendly helping me out.
All that for free.
And as soon as I reach the 2000 subscribers I will be happy to upgrade to the pro version.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.