Just works great
A lot of details and options for the statistics.
This is an excellent plugin, Camu.
If you could find a way to integrate it natively inside webservers the like of Apache2 or Nginx in Unix distributions (Ubuntu and so on,) I think you could even make some money, at some point.
Since last year, DigitalOcean has been offering basic VPS "droplets" at a very convenient price, starting from $5 per month; they have a lot of tutorials covering about everything from the installation of a virtual Unix server to its maintenance, and there are flocks of people who have been switching over to them (and to similar companies.) Many previous Hostgator / GoDaddy customers are becoming little developers themselves, building and maintaining their own VPS server (mail server included.)
However, I found out there's a lack of a decent free Web Stats software (free doesn't mean one can't make money from it, for instance offering specially tailored deals to companies all over the web.)
Awstats is an outdated statistics program, even if everybody is still using it. Piwik is a recent Web Stats software, but I think it's far from being clear, simple and complete as SlimStats is. For starters, you could take a look at how Piwik works, which is interesting. Like in Piwik, you could develop SlimStats with its own Mysql database inside a proper Unix environment. Then, as Piwik does, you could write a lightweight plugin to be used with WordPress, which would only read from the main SlimStats Unix database.
You would then have two SlimStats versions: your WP SlimStats plugin as it is now, plus a separate SlimStats Unix version, and a tiny WordPress plugin integration of the latter. Starting from an almost mainstream distribution like Ubuntu would be great. Piwik has a folder inside the /var/www/ folder (where the WordPress installation resides,) but you could put your "SlimStat Unix" inside its own folder in /etc/slimstats.
Take a look at the many DigitalOcean tutorials on how one deploys a LAMP (Linux-Apache-Mysql-Php) "droplet" with Ubuntu 14.04, and then start from there. The process is quite straightforward, and I'm sure you already have the skills to go through all that.
A few last words: Nginx (it's a webserver like Apache / Apache2, but it's slimmer than the latter and less resource-thirsty,) is rapidly gaining its share of the webserver market, at the expense of the heavier Apache. You may consider that as well, and test your software in both environments.
Much food for thought (too much, maybe.) But I'll be glad if anything of the above is going to stir your interest.
Again, thank you for a great plugin.
This may be the right time for WP SlimStats to take another step forward.
I would like to thank the developers for creating such a thorough pluhin!
I think this is a must have plugin for every blogger out there. The reports provide you with all the stats you need.
This is the best plugin by far, for getting accutate stats, point blank. Keep up the the great work!
- Slimstat for WP meets all my needs in terms of traffic management. It features all the functionalities and features required for a better analysis of the users and visitors of a website: real time viewing, geo map layer and many useful add-ons (for Premium users) like email reports and export capacity to Excel and other DBs. Other add-ons are even more sophisticated (IP location for example). I’ve been using WP-Slimstat for half a year and there’s no server issues. It seems that the development team uses all the best practices in terms of sleek coding. Installation and updates are very easy like all other good apps under WP.
- I particularly appreciate the energy provided by the team to propose new functions and add-ons on a regularly basis and also to ask its user base for THEIR ideas and views.
- I was previously a user of Google analytics and in my previous job I also used and implemented Piwik. Slimstat is on that level too. In one world: among the best in class!
- For me Slimstat in not only a "plugin", but real tracking solution.
- Keep on going like that please!
Idea for the future: an iOS or Android app!
Accurate, good looking and fast. I replaced another stats plugin with SlimStat and was VERY happy with my decision.
WP Slimstat is very well thought out and easy to use. It has helped me greatly to understand how visitors are finding and using my site.
This plugin was much more than I anticipated it would be. I am very happy with it! I will definitely be donating when I can. Thanks developers!
This plugin lets me know which pages are being viewed the most so that I know which ones to focus my attention on the most - as I am still developing and improving the site.
I just wanted to thank Camu and the support and development team of Slimstat for producing a wonderful plugin which has been truly helpful for my website.
Keep up the great work!
And super fast support...
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.