Wait whaaat... ?! I highly respect your free work for this plugin but your advertising campaign for Codepad is aggressive and unsolicited.
Besides being illegal in some countries, you don't warned your users of this new feature.
What let you think that we would support a spam infobox on our Dashboards ?
Plugin banned for ever. This kind of behavior should not be tolerated !
Loved this when it worked. but now it doesn't at all. I can change all the settings, Activate it, etc., but it will not do anything. My full site is still accessible from any browser, any device... and yes, I know I can't be logged in which is why I tried it in multiple browsers and devices. Too bad it turned into junk without any warning at all. Removing it from all my sites and my client sites. :/
After a long search through the MANY options for a maintenance mode plugin, this one wins.
- It can be network activated AND have separate settings for each site in the network.
- Sites in the network -- including the main site -- can have maintenance mode enabled or disabled, without affecting other sites.
- As superadmin, I have full access to front and back end, even while maintenance mode is enabled.
- I can set a role for front end and back end separately on each site, so that role can bypass maintenance mode and see/work on the site.
- I have full HTML control over what displays on the splash page.
- There are lots of options I don't need right now, but very nice to have them if I ever do.
- It just works.
The only reason it's not a 5-star plugin is that I can only select one role per each (front and back end). I have admins and editors who should both be able to work on the back end and see the front end. I had to demote my admins to editors (rather than promoting my editors to admins) to make it work....or else I would have to set up some unique hybrid role with different capabilities to meet this plugin's limitations. If we could have checkboxes instead of a single-select dropdown, this would be perfect.
Thanks for the great work!!!
However, some customization css included would be great.
Everything else works great except the Contact module. When enabled, the front page shows a Contact button. When clicked, the modal window popup showing a contact form. The problem is after hitting the submit button, NOTHING happens in the front end. User has no idea if his message has been sent and keeps hitting the button a few more times. And admin ends up getting a bunch of the same messages. Just bad UI.
Thanks for the work thus far.
Very easy, very useful.
It's exactly what I was looking for
It is very quick to get a "Coming Soon" page happening.
The layout is easy and well done and there is a good selection of default background images to use - or you can upload your own.
It does what it has to do.
Installed, configured just how it is on my other site except it no longer works.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.