The plugin is broken (missing images).
Also, you can't reorder the FAQ items, and you have the ability to have only 1 FAQ
Nice plugin - but the author is not helping in the support section. That makes the usability for me equal to zero.
The main issue with this plugin is that it does not give any hints as to how to actually use it. The only direction is "insert short code [faq]". Doesn't help find out where or how to actually create the questions and answers.
After using the plugin for a while a few more annoyances become more pronounced. First, you cannot insert a blank line in the answer of the questions. The finished page removes all of the blank lines as if you only left a space at the end of a sentence. Second, you can't preview the FAQ your creating, if you click on the preview button it appears that you have made a new page with the question as the title of the page and the answer as the content of the page. (this contributes to the frustration of trying to figure out how to create questions and answers, if you try to preview to see if it's working you will think your creating a new page on your site)
For everyone out there who became as frustrated as I that this plugin doesn't offer any clear instruction, I'll try to explain clearly how to create actual questions and answers.
1. Install plugin - this is easy, it tells you how.
2. Figure out what page you want your FAQ's to show up on. For mine I Just created a page and titled it "FAQ". Edit the page and insert the short code: [faq]
3. (here his how you actually create the questions and answers) Go to your dashboard, after installing the plugin, it automatically created a tab labeled "FAQ"; select "add new". (This was confusing to me because it brought you to what looks like your creating a whole new page on your site. But don't worry, you're not.)
4. Where you would normally put the "page title" you will actually type your question.
5. Where you would normally insert information into the page is where you type your answer.
6. Enter something easy.
7. Open the PAGE that you inserted the short code [faq]. If what you did worked, you'll see the question and answer.
I hope this helps everyone out there.
This easy-to-use plugin provided the basic functionality that I needed. However every page in the FAQ is supposed to be given a shortcode, and they don't work in my implementation. It's not clear how to fix that.
This was very simple to set up but I am having no luck finding any docs on how to customize things like background colors. A little documentation would make this so much better. The generic look needs some highlighting, anyone know how to mod the various sections colors?
Nice, plugin. Great work.
Go to your installed plugins and click on the edit option of the plugin.
Start Editing wp-awesome-faq/index.php.
Below this line" // Getting FAQs from WordPress Awesome FAQ plugin's Custom Post Type questions." you will see the following lines of codes.
$args = array( 'posts_per_page' => 5, 'post_type' => 'faq', 'order'=>"DESC");
Now change 5 to 15 or any number you want and change 'order'=>"DESC" to 'order'=>"ASC"
All set now.
Simple but just didn't work as was described. Not sure if it was a conflict with other plugins or something else.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.