Best WordPress FAQ Plugin integrated with Custom Post Type. WP Awesome FAQ comes with accordion based jQuery UI.
plugin is really awesome and easy to use but i found on problem. plugin have no images folder in v 1.8.0 for downword and upword arrow.
please update th plugin.
had to give up using it...
You will pull your hair out trying to find the shortcodes for this plugin. I can never understand that someone takes the time and energy to code a plugin then fails on the simplest part i.e. providing some simple documentation on how the plugin works.. very poor!
Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but it was not easy to find out where the documentation for the shortcodes were (to actually add the FAQs to a page). Apart from that major issue, it looked ok.
3 Stars because the visual aspect of the FAQ layout on a page is clunky and not overly attractive.
You can use the categories by modifying the shortcode to:
Like everyone else said, there's a distinct lack of basic instructions for this plugin.
You can also remove the notice for the pro version by deleting everything below
/* Display a notice that can be dismissed */
under Plugins > Select 'Edit' for WP Awesome FAQ and scroll to the bottom of the index.php.
I have used this plugin for my site and the performance is totally awesome.
The plugin is broken (missing images).
Also, you can't reorder the FAQ items, and you have the ability to have only 1 FAQ
Nice plugin - but the author is not helping in the support section. That makes the usability for me equal to zero.
The main issue with this plugin is that it does not give any hints as to how to actually use it. The only direction is "insert short code [faq]". Doesn't help find out where or how to actually create the questions and answers.
After using the plugin for a while a few more annoyances become more pronounced. First, you cannot insert a blank line in the answer of the questions. The finished page removes all of the blank lines as if you only left a space at the end of a sentence. Second, you can't preview the FAQ your creating, if you click on the preview button it appears that you have made a new page with the question as the title of the page and the answer as the content of the page. (this contributes to the frustration of trying to figure out how to create questions and answers, if you try to preview to see if it's working you will think your creating a new page on your site)
For everyone out there who became as frustrated as I that this plugin doesn't offer any clear instruction, I'll try to explain clearly how to create actual questions and answers.
1. Install plugin - this is easy, it tells you how.
2. Figure out what page you want your FAQ's to show up on. For mine I Just created a page and titled it "FAQ". Edit the page and insert the short code: [faq]
3. (here his how you actually create the questions and answers) Go to your dashboard, after installing the plugin, it automatically created a tab labeled "FAQ"; select "add new". (This was confusing to me because it brought you to what looks like your creating a whole new page on your site. But don't worry, you're not.)
4. Where you would normally put the "page title" you will actually type your question.
5. Where you would normally insert information into the page is where you type your answer.
6. Enter something easy.
7. Open the PAGE that you inserted the short code [faq]. If what you did worked, you'll see the question and answer.
I hope this helps everyone out there.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.