Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using Yoast's WordPress SEO plugin.
I downloaded this plugin a few days back, to use with the Jupiter theme. First I thought it was genius: simple, easy-to-use, allowing me to focus on the key issues...
Then I started noticing a couple of bugs: it changes the page settings, and messes up the layout. For instance, it changed the "sticky template" option back to default (no), modified the pages title settings... Then, even worse: it changed the page URL! I didn't even know this was possible ! One of my main page title got changed to something entirely different, messing up my menu. My visitors got a 404 when trying to access the page.
Of course I disabled the plugin right away. I don't know what's going on, if it's just an issue with Jupiter, but guys! You need to look into this.
Used to recommend this for EVERY SINGLE INSTALL.
Now I have to switch to something simpler because it's slowing down my sites by hooking on every page load + updating = non-stop nagging about a feature I will never use with Yoast.
I'd normally just fix the nagging with a code tweak but is it easy to find fix? Nope. Suspicious. Buhbye!
Each update of the plugin, many JS errors, changing settings.
No retro compatibility.
After updating to this version, it forces the very next admin page you click on to be redirected to it's own settings page, instead of whatever screen you intended to go to. Also there is a message that you upgraded that will follow you around from screen to screen until you finally dismiss it.
These guys need to learn about user experience and not clutter up the WordPress admin with senseless nonsense. It isn't ALL ABOUT your plugin.
Just updated to the latest version 2.2.1. and immediately after that I got the message that I don't have enough permissions to access the page.
It look like all backend access is broken.
Via FTP renamed the plugin directory and access was restored.
Renamed it back and access broke again.
Removed the plugin completely and reinstalled the plugin, again backend broke.
Sorry, but version 2.2.1 is unusable.
I'm now picking an old version (2.1.1) to put back. That one works.
After years of using this, I'm seriously thinking of abandoning Yoast's SEO plugin. It's getting extremely intrusive with the continuing "WordPress SEO by Yoast has been updated" blablabla. I know I've updated it, thank you very much, why do you think I clicked the button called 'UPDATE', huh?
I'm wondering what the Yoast team is thinking with all these pop-ups, banners and other stuff. It feels more and more like malware, yes MALware!
After the upgrade, the problems started.
Developers are ignoring my reports
Site shot down Google SERPs faster than someone in a plummeting parachute soon after I installed WordPress SEO by Yoast with all sorts of weird listings on Google suddenly emerging.
Deleted it. Two weeks later, everything on Google back to normal. Do NOT recommend.
This used to be a good plugin but has become sloppy, breaks a lot of things, little feedback on the forum...loaded with ads and payment schemes...
As someone else said:
""Tries to scare the user into disabling competing sitemap plugins, even when the sitemap plugin of WordPress SEO is not enabled.""
No support, only MONEY MAKING SCHEMES!