Since the last update it seems to have slowed my blog down which is getting frustrating, this is the first problem I have ever had with this plugin.
if i using your plugin in my website, my website is so slowly, wordpress 4.4.2
i dont now why but when i disable your plugin my website is so fast! so if i using your seo plugins i need an hour, make a new post in my website, I hope to solve this prolem, THANKS!
good thing im not paying for this.
you going back wards in the updates.
Well i was able to revert to 3.0.7 and that's where im gonna stay.
The plugin works well for most instances... but if you have a multisite install with each site on sub-directories (not sub-domains) the XML sitemaps do not function correctly at all... and this can cause major crawl issues.
Barely found the problem. When editing few languages, any non-primary language texts will be lost after an attempt to publish them with Yoast SEO on. After pressing "Publish" or "Update" WP first will ask you "Are you sure you want to do this" and this already says it's lost the non-primary language (if you edit a German site, any other translations will be lost).
Yoast SEO somehow stops the Multilingual Press or multisite from loading those languages too. Suppose, if you had had a translation working adequately well, then install Yoast SEO, then you will suddently stop seeing translations completed in the editor at all. Only current language. The sites belonging to different languages seem to stop interacting.
When I turned off Yoast SEO, things got back to the norm.
Additionally, I dislike the overly heavy interface and paid options for rather basic things like several focus words.
Looking for another plugin now.
This SEO plug in used to be simple and work flawless for all the basic SEO adjustments.
With the new "UI" interface it is ridicoules stupid, i.e. when you try to edit something like title... there is no text field to add the title, it disappears.
PLz roll back to the good old interface with a simple text field to edit instead of this "fancy c..p" that does not work.
The work with this plugin is horrible now. Text is cleared for no apparent reason constantly and the work done must be repeated again and again. The number of characters available it's missing and it's necessary a external tools. And frequently, the text area extends and it's imposible see the content, so you don't know what you're writing.
The latest changes in usability are absolutely pitiful. A real Shame :(
The focus keyword scanner used to work a lot more quickly, and a number of other features in this plugin were more intuitive in earlier versions. Sometimes simpler is better
Yoast was good, but over the last updates to deteriorate significantly. It ceased to operate sitemap. And there are other problems. I'm beginning to seriously consider switching to another SEO plugin if not Yoast fix your mistakes.
Please see this forum discussion which explains what's happening. If you're having similar problems, please report them on the forum . . . just maybe, Yoast will see it and figure out a solution!
After testing, it seems clear that this is an issue with Yoast SEO 3.x, not with other plugins, themes, WP versions, or hosting.
Revert to previous versions here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/developers/
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.