Map any blog/site on a WordPressMU or WordPress 3.X network to an external domain.
Works great, thanks!
The one gotcha for me was to check the "Primary" box to enable domain masking. It would have been nice to have some explanation of what that check box meant. But, I found the answer by Googling.
BOTTOM LINE: If you are using WordPress multisite you should be using this plugin, there is almost no excuse not to. The pros on this plugins GREATLY outweigh the cons and this should be in the toolbox of every WordPress multisite developer.
- Have a WordPress Multisite network that simultaneously supports sub-domain and sub-directory multisites.
- Able to assign multiple sub-domains to the same site.
- Able to select a default sub-domain or site URL (for each of the multisite sites) and all other assigned sub-domains for that site will redirect to the default
- Takes a little setup work compared to most other plugins
- Requires access to and working knowledge of your DNS server (local and/or external)
- Requires some FTP access to move some files
- Requires some editing to the wp-config.php file
- See note below on problem with misspellings with Google Chrome and the Omnisearch bar
The only downside is that depending on how your local internal DNS is setup it could cause you to send a lot of queries to the server running this plugin. This really only occurs if you are using Google Chrome or a similar variant and if you use the Omnisearch bar. Otherwise you should have any problems.
Should have been part of the core a long time ago. Still should be part of the core.
Works perfectly on multisite
it works out of the box :-)
super functional & stable plugins for multi-site domain mapping, don't even bother looking for alternatives, this one's very well document and supported.
Congratulations for developing this plugin. And thank you for sharing it.
I have used the plugin with no issues on my multi-site install. When I had an issue (that turned out not to be the plugin's fault), I had fast and helpful support.
This plugin is really essential for many multi-site users and has been a great help.
I had so many questions and I was quickly and professionally answered by Ron Rennick, one of the plugin's author. You understand how important good support is only when you need it.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.