I am grateful for this plugin. It stops hackers all the time from trying to enter my website, as well as stopping and removing malware. I could not have a secure site without this plugin. And Wordfence is always good about updating its plugin, which I appreciate. Thank you!
Well worth it. Keeps out the bad guys. Excellent support. I love the 2FA via cell phone and being able to block my log in page from others.
The Best Plugin For Protection Site
Works and works well
I'm fairly new to WordPress (switched from Drupal) & was told about this plugin from a WP training partner I used for our office.
I started out with the free version & quickly upgraded to the Premium/paid version. Totally worth it!!!!! So far the best feature that I've used is the advanced IP blocking and the Country blocking. Just a few days ago I had about 30 attempts in 1 day from IP addresses in Russia. I decided to block all countries outside the US. It's so easy. Just click "all countries", uncheck those you want to keep & hit save. Took about 1 minute.
I also like:
1. that you can ignore notifications of users that consistently login to your site - like myself, our web team, etc.
2. automatically block specified user names that are frequently used my malicious hackers, i.e. admin, administrator.
3. comprehensive control over blocked IP's, failed attempts blocked, etc.
VERY simple to use! I bought the premium version for both our WP business websites. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
This plugin is so good!
I have tried other security plugins, including a paid premium version, and spent more time trying to fix problems caused through the security plugin, than I have spent fixing a hacked site. Wordfence is easy to setup, use, and offers excellent security without hassle!
Because of my previous experience with a security plugin, I was hesitant to try Wordfence, but I needed better security....boy, am I glad I gave it a chance....Wordfence is now on ALL the WP sites I manage.
You have to install it. Really necessary.
I've recently been exposed to this plugin, but I would like to straight out say that if my clients give the go ahead I'm buying a subscription for Premium service.
It appears to do exactly what I was looking for - Find files that are exploitable or have been exploited already.
Here are the exceptions (most are fixable, some are suggestions)
1) Seeing that I have an IT Admin background the layout doesn't bother me, but for the general Joe Bloggs I would encourage a UI overhaul. Way too many hyperlinks and compacted text. The average user just wants to run a scan and see if their website has been compromised, then fix it. Leave the other options to an advanced view or something.
2) My host (I resell cPanel) switched to Litespeed instead of Apache. As a result there is a critical issue which means that it refuses to finish a scan. Fixable with a few changes to the .htaccess file but should be something that it checks for on installation.
The plugin recognises this and sends you an email with the link (if you have set it up for emailing) but it should be part of the install.
Other then that I am keen to try out the premium version so I'm trying to convince my clients. WordPress is great, but there are just way to many security concerns and this plugin does well to mitigate them. Keep up the good work and keep on innovating please.
Für mich das beste Sicherheits-Plugin.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.