Tabs, toggles, accordions, and all that jazz. Bells and whistles done right.
I thank the author for sharing his work, but if he is not willing to offer ANY help at all, then perhaps, don't share? Catch 22 - but I spent awhile going around in circles trying to figure this one out! How about support questions that can be answered quickly at no charge - if it requires you looking at code or digging - then sure, charge for the support.
I could be wrong, but I felt the directions for this plug-in were intentionally vague in order to push people to pay for help. I could be wrong, and if so, I apologize....but I certainly did wonder.
This is SO VERY close to Q and A FAQ Plugin. If FAQ had tabs enabled I would have just stayed with that plugin as you can use it for any page, not just FAQs and it behaves and works EXACTLY like this plugin.
For those beginners looking for answers. Here is what threw me for a loop, maybe this will help someone else.
1. After installation and activation - there are NO set up pages.
2. Look under your APPEARANCE Tab for Whistles and Whistle Groups. This is NOT NOT NOT where one would expect to find custom post types. FAQ plugin at least has it's own section for custom posts - works the exact same way, but it behaves as it should....Whistles seems to want to hide.
3. Add a Whistle (custom post) or two and assign it a category.
4. If you are going to use it in a Widget then just add it to your widget and you get the options.
5. If you want to add the whistles to a page, Open a new page and AT THE TOP of your Content Box where you type and style your post/page there should now be a box that says "Add Whistle" - when you click that you get the pop up that is shown on the Screenshots. This is where you enter your criteria and it will insert your shortcode.
Works like a dream, but it's nothing special. If your content is long, don't expect this to handle it well. Tabs work ok, but will take extensive CSS styling to integrate. Accordions and toggles can't deal with long content - it tries to scroll back up but it just can't get it done...makes it about half way back up then your viewer is left wondering what happened. And Toggles will load with the first one opened and if it's a long whistle, viewers won't even know there are more toggles unless they scroll down.
These directions are actually given for this plug-in, but for some odd reason, I had real difficulty understanding or figuring out the directions. I would have thought it was just me, except I see others have asked the same questions as I had. Hope this helps.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.