1) You can create only one embed shortcode. Maybe this is because its the lite version. I don't know because the link to the "entire line of welcomeweb wiki products" goes to http://www.welcomewiki.info which returns a "Server not found" error message.
2) It embeds the entire wikipedia page content. But if you want to choose specific content to include or exclude you're out of luck. Yes, the add wiki page offers the option to "choose sections" which would be great if you could choose more than one, but you can't.
3) Thumbnail images and captions don't float to the right as they do in wikipedia. Easy enough to add in your own css but why should you have to?
4) If you don't set it to remove links, it will keep the edit links. At least, these functions should be separate. But I don't know why you would ever want to include the edit links.
5) If you do set it to remove links, it removes footnote links too. but it still displays the footnotes.
I could work around all of that but not this:
6) It repeats content. The page I need to embed displays about half of the content then follows that with all of the page content.
In the end this is an unusable plugin the way it sits now unless you just don't care about anything beyond being able to embed wikipedia content regardless how sloppy the implementation is.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.