Easy Web Performance Optimization (WPO) using caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
Please do not download and install this plugin. What once was okay is now just ridiculous.
- it breaks most other plugins (jetpack ... )
- their support has become horrible
- force advertising
- way to complicated for normal users or even pros.
- many sites reference this as a must use plugin
- the code and reason to use this plugin is out weighed by how large this plugin as become.
Been trying to get this to work for weeks. Enabling individual caching options, like 'Minify' or 'Database Cache' with default disk settings fails 4 out of 5 times - the page reloads on with the checkbox unchecked again, or enabling one disables the other. Eventually, everything stays checked, but the next time you visit the admin, it's unchecked again. I have no idea if any caching is working.
Recently, an annoying newsletter-signup popup appears on every screen, and nothing you do will make it go away.
The latest version (0.9.4) has broken both my site and my faith in software developers. Removed it completely.
If you don't respond to your paying customers (PRO-Version) and ignore the bug reports, guess what happens?
Used to be a good plugin, but they totally messed it up.
MAJOR BOOOOOOOO!!!! For the intrusive, cheesy advert every time you go to ANY W3TC admin page. Should I have to tell you more than once that I don't want to Tweet, Like, Google, Link to you or get your bloody newsletter more than once??? Especially since I loyally use your "Pro" version on some sites and don't need to on others, where not necessary. Is this any way to treat a "client"?
This is bordering on pretty sleazy... Good product, but has definitely has deteriorated during the last release due to this new "feature".
Give us a break, puhleeeeze!
You have a great plugin and you have to make it look bad by forcing advertisement. I advertise if I'm happy with it, not because I'm told to.
For the constant nag about linking and rating in the most recent version. Seriously.
the plugin is almost never updated
Whenever I use a "free" plugin that I like, I usually buy the "PRO" version to support the developers. But in return I expect to receive support when I run into bugs.
W3 Total Cache is full of bugs and constantly causing errors in my WordPress site. I tried to send a support request but discovered that even for users who PAID for the PRO version, support is not included.
The only way I could get a response was to send them a "Contact Us" email from their website titled "Request for Quote". Amazing! They responded in minutes!
However, their response was:
(1) Even though I paid for the PRO version, support is not included and costs extra ($75 per email).
(2) They told me that when I signed up for PRO, their engineer had "reached out" to me to "help me get my site dialed in". They were referring to a sales pitch to get me to spend $250 to have them "optimize" my site.
(3) They told me that no one at their company ever looks at the support forums, so posting there is a waste of time.
DO NOT pay for the PRO version! The company will not provide you with any support whatsoever.
This plugin made something and style breakdown. When I deactive this plugin, my site works properly
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.