Really nice idea if it worked. Perhaps a paid version, thats maintained???
1. CAPTCHA / RECAPTCHA not working. We have APIs from google and the captcha/recaptcha is displaying. However a user can still register without validating the captcha. Serious security flaw.
2. Not very customize-able/scale-able. Cannot get captcha to display on login form to prevent registration SPAM. Author seems to think it is unnecessary. For me, 200+ automated spam registrations per day is very necessary.
3. 4 months since last update. Probably the reason why it does not work.
I had better luck and google API integration with "better wordpress recaptcha" and "google captcha by bestwebsoft".
Though the plugin developed is nice but author is not responding on all support threads.
Had to remove the plugin & got with paid plugin instead.
1) Why I still must modyficate code TML if I want to add registration field.. - that should be added many time ago..
2) Always problem with email. e.g. I can only send activation link if I want to Admin aprove. I can't send email with password after then I as admin aprove some user... For me it's big problem bc some users cant understand how they shold do it they want registred on my own site
Plugin works well enough... if you don't update. The developer is too busy to make this plugin compatible with the 4.3 update.The password recovery DOESN'T WORK.
He should sell it to gravity forms or another company. I would pay $20-40 one time fee for this type of plugin if it was actually updated in a timely manner. If you have gravity forms you can create your own themed logins with some coding but they don't offer an email login option. but that can be created too from research and tutorials.
Anyway, if you have a serious site, don't use this NON-serious plugin to get anything reliable done. It would be nice if they added an expected release date. Who knows though, maybe they will update it tomorrow, lol
So, the problem here is that in cannot be used as it is not important how pretty are the profile pages, the users cannot get in if they forgot the password, and that happens a lot.
I will review my stars when the login is fixed or can be disabled on the options.
The author has apparently abandoned it.
Iam updating profile but nothing happening, can anyone tell me why?
Great plugin only when working.
The only plugin that will get the Lost Password to link back to it's own shortcode page. So two starts for that.
1. Over a few upgrades to the plugin that I did, all settings had to be redone from scratch, nothing remains. This is cumbersome, makes me get one star off. It got from wp pages to tml_pages and then back, none of the settings in the plugin itself remain.
2. Last upgrade that I did made me take two stars off. Here is why:
This was not an isolated issue, other users got it, some solve it by removing some other plugins. I find that unacceptable, incompatibility with other plugins looks like a major bug in this one.
Took down our implementation. Redirects no longer worked properly. Settings were gone so our attempts to rollback just created infinite loops.
Outside of this issue, it worked fine once configured but configuration could be pretty confusing and cumbersome.
Really hate giving a plugin a bad review but this one has become so buggy. If it had great support I wouldn't be doing this but it's been little to none for a long time. Disabling the plugin fixed one problem but then caused another. Just don't use this unless you can afford for your site to be broken.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.