The plugin has many bugs..
Don't use this plugin. It will break. You will lose sales.
TCP is an absolute nightmare. Every update something is wrong and it takes many days to get an answer to get support for payment extensions.
I've used this on three different websites, all of which are currently with problems (discounts, variations, taxes and notification issues!!)
Taxes, payment notifications and attributes/variations doesn´t work.
Very bad support, nobody seem to understand some problems.
I have sent several emails to thecartpress site and still have yet to hear back. It's been a few weeks and my client was loosing money everyday.
Free? Now I have to refund one client and another ones rebuild using Woocommerce.
The plugin, when you get it working, is actually fantastic. It's extremely flexible and offers a lot of options. It has some major problems though:
I'm having a number of problems with CartPress now and I'm regretting using it. I've discovered that it has broken some Jetpack functionality, it's duplicating, or even triplicating some orders, and some functions of the plugin itself are non-functional.
Triggers fatal database error.
Have spent all day disabling plugins, deleting previous installs and deleting the old database tables. Disabling custom CSS.
Have performed a fresh WP install, a fresh install of Weaver II Pro theme. Fresh installs of plugins, A fresh install of The Cartpress.
Each time Instant database error at each step
Deleted for good and will rebuild the site with WooCommerce.
The Cartpress community has also been down all day so impossible to search for others with same problem.
THIS ONE SUCKS
1 for adaptability and ease of configuration and use (not everybody is an engineer)
2 for poor and inexistant and condescending customer relationship
STAY AWAY - Your time is precious and they do not care about it
1. The Off Line Payment method does not work. If you only store part of the number the customer can't enter in the whole number because the middle sets of numbers are x'd out. The customer needs to be able to enter these in some where. The alternative is to store the credit card numbers but they are not stored with any encryption which is not secure. The credit card info either needs to be stored with encryption or not stored in the same location intact. My favorite method is to store only the last 4 and then send the first 12 to a secure email account.
The frustrating thing is this is a deal breaker for me. I either have to develop this properly or find a patch to make this work properly. Or maybe a plugin to work with paypal pro.
2. The address parts of the check out are all backwards. I've been doing ecommerce sites for 12+ years. You need to have address, city, state, zip and country.....and in that order. For those of us that can fill these forms out in our sleep changing the order of this stuff makes it a real pain.
3. When you select a payment method like credit card you don't get the option to enter in the card number right away. This horribly confusing. You need to just have that credit card form there right away.
4. No SSL support in the system. I suppose I can put the whole site under an ssl but that's not usually the best solution.....
5. Order emails seem to get sent prior to finishing the order.
6. My account has a error Call to undefined function tcp_the_my_addresses_url()
If your business depends on electronic commerce do not put it in the hands of these people. you'll lose a lot of time and money.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.