Sticky Notification Bar is a cool concept of showing a cool bar on top when the user scrolls down your page so that he come back to stop or use the na
Nice looking bar with a few problems.
1) The facebook count doesn't seem to work. I have over 300 fans but this just displays '1'.
2) If you choose to use a dark color for your bar, there's no option to change the text color, so if you aren't good with css/firebug, you are pretty much stuck using a light-colored bar as your only option.
3) The magnifying glass is a .gif that should be a .png. If you use a dark-colored bar, the poor image quality of this is exposed and looks tacky.
4) The referral callback to the developer home is required and oddly, sits in the middle of the bar and not positioned well. Again.. looks tacky. If you are good at firebug/css, you can remove this with display:none (you'll want to change the bar title too).
5) Needs the option of displaying the close (X) as an option. Some people (myself included) don't want a guest to be able to close this and once they do, it's gone for a day. You can change this by going in the .js code but it needs to be an option in the control panel front end.
6) It broke all my photo uploading on posts. Never had this happen before and not sure why it happened here, but I could no longer upload images to my blog until I deactivated this.
Definitely needs some work in a new version.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.